CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
Cassi Nesmith

Profile:
We visited Crossfit hq for the second time the Tuesday before thanksgiving. Things were less relaxed than last time, with trainers on vacation, and not so many people just hanging around, as last time, but we did get the privilege of having the dogs, Fudgie and Athena, bark at us before they took off. Brian was in the 9 o'clock class with the indefatigable Annie and Brian's new model for human physical perfection, Brendan.

Pictures are here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cassi_nesmith/album?.dir=7814&.src=ph&store=&prodi d=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

We spent the rest of our day tooling about Santa Cruz. We even found a breakfast place around the corner from the gym with a secret Crossfit menu. We had hoped to see the kid's class, but since it was thanksgiving week, it was canceled. As you can see in the pictures, our daughter went ahead and got her own work out in anyway- nothing stops a true crossfitter from exercising.

We returned in the afternoon just in time to see a guy, who was being personally trained, vomit. Strangely enough none of this was too intimidating - (we almost named our first born Pukie). Coach and Lauren were there too, and were as welcoming as ever. Brendan was walking around on his hands just for fun. Another guy was supposed to show up for the class, but didn't, so the class turned out to be a 1:1 with an extremely patient Brendan - he showed me different lifts, how to kip, and to "EXPLODE" on my overhead presses. I think I learned the kipping pretty well, but it's not yet a part of my personality to EXPLODE, although some day I believe it will be.

Initially I was intimidated as heck - after watching the official class with all these demi-gods do things i could never do I wasn't really keen on working out there, and it took Brian four months to talk me in to even calling and asking about the class. I was a non-exerciser who's only real fitness background was in tap dance until about eight months ago. Turns out things were fine. I think one reason people say Crossfit is "cult-like" is that people are so generous - and so far the crossfit athletes and trainers I've met are completely supportive very giving of their time and space.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
Stephen Reeks

Profile:
awesome pictures cassi,
Old 11-28-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Cassi, your a lot smaller than I pictured...cool pink workout outfit though!:wink:
Old 11-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Clay Jones

Profile:

Cool pix, thanks for posting!

Imagine . . . CFHQ As a vacation destination. Very Cool.

(Message edited by clay_jones on November 28, 2005)