CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
James Goodell

Profile:
Last night I got my new Pendlay Crossfit bar. In my excitement I promptly sliced my finger open on the packaging (my fault). Not quite bad enough to need stitches, and when I bandaged up the finger it stopped dripping and I still had 3 more to hook grip with on my left hand, so I figured that was good enough to clean and jerk. Within 20 minutes, I had cleaned my bodyweight for the first time in my life. First time in my life! Almost hit the jerk too (oddly, this is where I noticed the lack of 4 working left fingers – the cleans came up fine). I’m looking forward to a bodyweight C&J – it’s right around the corner, but I’d like to add to the list of public compliments. This is a great bar, and a fantastic price. If you’re considering bars in this price range, I recommend Glenn’s.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Ron Fielder

Profile:
I agree. I bought one a few weeks back. Shipping was very quick.
Hadn't had a chance to use it, until we did the PC and C&J this last couple of cycles. I was amazed at the way it felt.
I really like the way my bumpers spun when I cleaned them. I think I was spending to much time watching them.
ButI agree. Well worth the money and makes a big difference in the lifts I used it on. Having confidence that the thing is not going to come apart if you drop it helps too.
I still use the cheaper bars at the gym for all my other lifts.
+1 on the recommendation to get one of these.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
John P. S Shopa Jr

Profile:
I have to share in everyones general excitement. A week ago, my blue suede do-wins came in, and I love them. My squat feels much, much better. I was suprised to feel such an increase in stability in the overhead press and made a new PR the same day. Then, Yesterday the freight truck pulled up and unloaded my bumpers, and twenty minutes later while i was still salivating over the bumpers, my crossfit bar arrived by UPS. Like you , James, in my excitement I tore open my ring finger on the staples at the end of the tube.
I had no idea that the bar could make such a difference. My hands can finally achieve a decent hook grip! yesterday was my off day, so I had to restrain myself, but in about fifteen minutes and some change, its on.
Oh, by the way- Glenn Pendley called me shortly after I placed my order to clarify some things about the order and shipping. His customer service was outstanding. I would recomend him to anyone interested in buying a quality bar and weights.