CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #1
Frank Menendez

Profile:
Im curious, how many blocks/cals you guys consume, weight, and current goal?

Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
I'm 185lbs, @10% BF. So fat loss is not my goal right now. I am active besides Crossfit. I am not too strict on counting calories..more try to eyeball it and stick to mainly proteins and fats +veggies (more paleo)...and I know I will get other carbs during the day too. By all equations I would need at least around 3200 calories a day to maintain current weight and muscle. Of course there are so many other factors that come into play. I also try to get at least 1g/lb of bodyweight of protein for increasing muscle. Depending on my daily needs I will up the fat appropriately...or if I see myself putting on some fat, I'll cut back on the carbs. Never was good at counting but once you do it for a while...you should be able to eye ball and know how to adjust on the fly.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Jeff Dale

Profile:
6'2" 180lbs. 8%bf Still cutting fat, carefully monitoring diet,energy level. 19 blocks zone/paleo.
I don't have hard numbers I'm shooting for just experimenting to see how low the bf can go and enegry maintained. I was 225lbs last December!

I've been taking pictures of my progress all along the way.
I'd be another good poster child for the success of the zone diet/CrossFit program.