CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #601
Paul Victor French

Profile:
Re: 2014 CrossFit Open, Regionals, and Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Wilson View Post
Ronnie Teasdale. And with LV it looked like both judges were signaling no-rep before she as even halfway up. I went back and watched it twice and couldn't figure out why. Didn't look,like her feet were anywhere close to the rope. That's like the third questionable call she's had so far too.
Is it the jean shorts?
Old 05-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #602
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Wilson View Post
Ronnie Teasdale. And with LV it looked like both judges were signaling no-rep before she as even halfway up. I went back and watched it twice and couldn't figure out why. Didn't look,like her feet were anywhere close to the rope. That's like the third questionable call she's had so far too.
I am with you on Teasdale. Guy has a rotten attitude and proved time and time again that he is a you know what.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #603
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Victor French View Post
Is it the jean shorts?
Probably the jean shorts, the pushing a judge in a middle of competition, making fun of homeless people etc..
Old 05-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #604
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Lindsey's judges were definitely calling no rep mid-climb. The only reason would be if her feet or thighs entangled the rope enough to provide some assistance, but I don't see that happening. After she comes back down the rope, is the judge saying, "Your legs crossed"?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #605
Bryan Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Is it the jean shorts?
Yep. And the one who infamously pushed a female judge and threw a barbell at her in the OCT.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #606
Bryan Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
I am with you on Teasdale. Guy has a rotten attitude and proved time and time again that he is a you know what.
Even if he hadn't done all those things I'd probably still be a hater because he dated Andrea Ager lol.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #607
Drew Cloutier

Profile:

Quote:
I certainly have some favourite athletes, but if I were to pick one I don't often cheer for, it's usually Dan Bailey and Rich Froning, but more Froning to be honest.
See for me it's josh bridges and Chris spealler.

For me spealler especially is overrated and I feel josh is not multi-faceted enough.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #608
Douglas Menikheim

Profile:

Wow never heard anyone say Speal is overrated. What makes you say that? I think for a small guy who typically exceled in body weight events he has made leaps and bounds progress in strength over the last couple years. His come back to make the games last year was awesome.

As for Bridges. I guess I can agree that he might not be the most mutlifaceted. Like Speal he is a small guy that has trouble in the heavy weighted events. Dude has an incredible engine and absolutely insane mental determination which makes him pretty much unbeatable in the long chippers. But yeah if its a traditional wod my money is on him if it isnt then you are probably right he might not be at the top....but then again he wont be too far back hahaha
Old 05-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #609
Paul Victor French

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
Probably the jean shorts, the pushing a judge in a middle of competition, making fun of homeless people etc..
Wow, I certainly missed all of that. Add him to that list then.

I don't follow too much of what the athletes are really like outside of the workouts. Of the ones competing now Nate Schrader would be my favourite, he's personally helped strangers on their fitness over the internet, myself included.

The only reason I said Froning is I think he's a sore loser and not a good sportsman, he himself has admitted he's a sore loser and I've seen a couple cases of this. Of course, it's rare...the guy rarely loses.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #610
Bryan Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Wow, I certainly missed all of that. Add him to that list then.

I don't follow too much of what the athletes are really like outside of the workouts. Of the ones competing now Nate Schrader would be my favourite, he's personally helped strangers on their fitness over the internet, myself included.

The only reason I said Froning is I think he's a sore loser and not a good sportsman, he himself has admitted he's a sore loser and I've seen a couple cases of this. Of course, it's rare...the guy rarely loses.
I'm a fan of Nate Schrader too but mainly because he was Army SF. I'm also not a big Froning fan, don't really have specific reasons why except that he likes to give one word answers and wink at you like his s#!t don't stink. Mikko is my all time favorite.