CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #11
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Undisclosed, Al Udeid AB, Qatar, reaching out to the CrossFit Community

Sorry if I might have come across as too harsh Erin. I just feel a community can be stronger if its built from the inside and you have "buy in" (if you will)from your members.
Aside from the bars and plates, most of your items on your list are pretty easy to obtain; not to mention fairly inexpensive to get a small collection together for.
Many places have 10 packs of jump ropes at a discount.
http://www.rogueapo.com/rogue-speed-rope-10-pack.php WFS
I actually made some Abmats a few years ago using plywood, foam from old patient mattresses and old tent material. That might be something to look into with CE. Plus they look really cool in tan!
Wall balls could be improvised with cheap basketballs and sand (you got plenty of that!) you also might want to look at getting sandbells
they're not much cheaper, but will be way easier/cheaper to ship to you
http://www.fringesport.com/collectio...wear-sandbells WFS
Of course, your biggest challenge will be the bars and plates. I think the best option is to get after leadership and FSS for that. You might be able to piggyback off an order with CF Oryx, but they look to be set for a while.