CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #21
Richard Colon

Profile:
Re: Who has a stronger upper body a gymnast or weightlifter/powerlifter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Cloutier View Post
1. Klokov is nowhere near 185...he lifts in the 105kg, thats 230, and he himself has said he walks around 4-8kg heavier then that, so his walking around weight his closer to 240-245.
Bad sentence strucutre. I should have separated Klokov from the "Hold 400 overhead at 185" part. I know he isn't 185. I know his weight range quite well, as I've seen about every video in the internet with him in it - even the late night Cottage Cheese one where he says he "weighs enough." I meant it as Klokov has a sick press as does anyone that is 185ish that can Snatch near 400 (like Dimas, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Cloutier View Post
2.As far as the powerlifter go...look at some raw numbers, look at the guys in the 700 and 600 bench club...look at the ungodly triceps and chests on them...you got a big *** raw bench like that odds are you got a big overhead press too. Just saying yes powerlifters train bench, but lets be honest how many guys do you know who can bench 405 RAW, who have a ****ty OHP.
I'm confused on what needs clearing up on this part. Didn't you see my part about Powerlifters being considered Upper Body Freak and having my money if I put it on the "absolute beast like strength" category? Clearly they have a sick OHP...

Last edited by Richard Colon : 02-27-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #22
Bob Herald

Profile:

It makes me laugh when I see male gymnasts on the parallel bars. Their legs are so little and glued together.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #23
Drew Cloutier

Profile:

Richard I was just pointing out that strongman and power lifters are different categories and that even though strongman is all about over head press, raw powerlifters who typically work primarily bench instead of OHP, still have sick over presses.

And that raw and equipped powerlifters are 2 different breeds.