CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
Jorge Montesinos

Profile:
rest week but will still like to be active

after coming off from my second cycle of cfsb, setting new pr's, on top of that competed in a street soccer tournament this past weekend, I feel the need to have a rest week. I will be starting gant grimes hybrid next week. but what i want to know should I take the whole week off, half a week with rest with half volume and intensity. Or does anybody have any ideas for w.o.ds. that i can do that dont have to be timed kind of like g2g. What i dont want is I feel that if i dont do some type of conditioning or half volume strength work i feel that ill get ripped apart when ill start doing gant grimes since now its more volume by adding oly weightlifting along with slow lifts then metcons.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: rest week but will still like to be active

Do some light skill work, stretch, foam roll, work on mobility. This week your work outs should leave feeling recharged, not drained. YOu are looking for just enough to break a sweat.