CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:
looking to revamp my diet

To the crossfit community,

Over time I would say my diet has gotten worse and worse. Right now I have started making it better by including more protein, vegetables, and whole grains but it is still severely lacking. I am having trouble getting focused again as I have been in the past.

I'm hoping you could provide some mealtime advice. At least a few meals that will help with... maximize my muscle growth from working out, gaining lean muscle mass, cutting fat, and recovery.

Yes I know what foods are healthy and which are not, but some more specific guidelines would really help me get back in the game of eating healthy again.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: looking to revamp my diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Borowsky View Post
To the crossfit community,

Over time I would say my diet has gotten worse and worse. Right now I have started making it better by including more protein, vegetables, and whole grains but it is still severely lacking. I am having trouble getting focused again as I have been in the past.

I'm hoping you could provide some mealtime advice. At least a few meals that will help with... maximize my muscle growth from working out, gaining lean muscle mass, cutting fat, and recovery.

Yes I know what foods are healthy and which are not, but some more specific guidelines would really help me get back in the game of eating healthy again.

Thanks!
The crossfit nutrition reccommendation is a pretty good one for what you want, not sure you will really need more than that in terms of a guideline - "eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar"

If you want to go super crazy, there are a million meal plans in here though they follow zone portions, which you can take or leave: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf...ue21_May04.pdf
Old 07-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:

anything more specific? I would like to tailor my diet geared toward building muscle mass
Old 07-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

Eat as clean as you can while maintaining a surplus, eat a lot, lift heavy stuff.