CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #21
Valarie Wright

Profile:
Re: Paleo thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Schul View Post
My original post was aiming at the fact that you have been eating this way for a little over two months. While its great that you are very interested in it, i would like to hear your thoughts after several years of experience, not months.
And then Jason replied ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Damn her! Burn her at the stake! She's obviously a witch to have formulated these....these.........opinions! Just saying the word makes me almost vomit!
Lol! Yea .. right that. Seriously, if he wasnt interested then why did you reply in the first place.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
Craig Rogers

Profile:

The more 'What did the caveman eat' discussions I see on the board the more I think 'Paleo' is a bad name.
We should change it to 'eat clean diet' or 'just cut out all the processed crap diet.' I never use the term paleo when discussing what I eat and why I eat it.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #23
Sean Whitty

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarie Wright View Post
Thanks for your input Sean.

I agree on ‘metabolic pathways’; in fact, I spend a great deal of time researching health, nutrition and fitness as both part of my fulltime job (Yoga instructor, studio owner), and personal interest. Which brings me back to the source .. or at least, my local source. For instance, the idea of bioregionalism is interesting. In this instance: what we need to not just survive but be sustained, can be had in the region one lives in. (Or at least, in a pre-urbanized / industrialized setting.)

You're welcome, always glad to have a good conversation. I will have to look more into the bioregionalism, IDK much about it. Thanks for the link, Ill read up on the refs.

Last edited by Sean Whitty : 07-17-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: quote fail
Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
Zane Jones

Profile:

Valarie,

How long until you buy a hunting license?