CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Quick question...

Starting to get some pretty sharp joint pain in my elbows from CF. Been doing it for the last two weeks, pretty much as RX'd, and am wondering if anyone has any type of tried and true remedies other than ice/heat. I think the pain is coming from not being used to doing muscle ups and ring dips, but I dont want to cut them out because of how much I like them. Anyway, just looking for a little advice on it, and if you all think itll end up going away after my body gets used to it, or should it be something I shuld be concerned about. Thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
William Hunter

Profile:
yeah, be a little concerned...you're probably developing tendinitis. just do a quick search to realize all the many people that have allowed a really nasty and chronic case to develop. you'll also find many methods of self-massage that may be of assistance. scale back and don't allow it to get worse...it's a biatch to get rid of once you've got it.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Thanks William, I am thinking about doing some of the WODs that arent as upper body specific for a week or so, and see how it goes, and lay off the muscle ups for a little bit too. Its hard though, you get some success, and all you want to do is push it that much farther the next day. I want to be smart about this, cause I definately dont want a twinge to become an injury, and then not be able to work out. Thanks again.