CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Graeme Howland

Profile:
Re: Fedor vs Werdum

Shocked to see the fight, after the first sub attempt I didn't think Fedor would walk right into another one, thought he should've backed up and had him stood up, but I guess he thought he was hurt. Good respectful comments from bother fighters after, hopefully it lights a fire under Fedor's *** and we see improvement going forward.

Cung Le looked awesome, those kicks were great. Did not enjoy the Cyborg/Finney fight at all, maybe I just don't like women's MMA, but it was very one sided and Finney looked destroyed. Yeah she was defending herself, but I think 4 knock downs in a round means you are done and fight should be stopped. I hate that female ref as well ("do you want her up" after 2 seconds).
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Scott Moore.

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Howland View Post
Did not enjoy the Cyborg/Finney fight at all, maybe I just don't like women's MMA, but it was very one sided and Finney looked destroyed. Yeah she was defending herself, but I think 4 knock downs in a round means you are done and fight should be stopped. I hate that female ref as well ("do you want her up" after 2 seconds).
It was the first woman's mma fight that I've watched and I was actually enjoying the fight until the point when the ref should have stopped the fight which is about the time Finney was hugging Cyborg's ankle.

Finney gave a hell of an effort but she had no business fighting Cyborg.
http://pantherfit.blogspot.com/And those who had seen it told how he who had been possessed with demons was healed -Luke 8:36
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moore. View Post
It was the first woman's mma fight that I've watched and I was actually enjoying the fight until the point when the ref should have stopped the fight which is about the time Finney was hugging Cyborg's ankle.

Finney gave a hell of an effort but she had no business fighting Cyborg.
Yeah, the no hitting the back of the head is legit since you don't want to damage the occipital lobe and cerebellum.....

But if a fighter is doing that and exposing the back of their head just so they won't get hit on the front then it's probably time to stop the fight. Especially when they're clinging onto the other fighters leg.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Scott A Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
It's a sad day. Everybody loses sooner or later but it was fun keeping the legend alive. Now it's over.
I get what you're saying, but really is it such a big deal? Fedor is no better or worse today than he was the morning of June 26th. It's not like he lost because age or injury has made him a worse fighter. He made a bad mistake and he was beaten as a result. But any anticipation you may have had for Fedor vs. whoever in the future shouldn't be quashed by Fedor's defeat. For example, I would be no less excited to see Fedor vs. Overeem today than I would have been on June 25th.