CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-14-2003, 01:46 PM   #11
Derek

Profile:

Hey Tavita

Just trying to get an angle on what exactly is going on in that overly aerobic brain of yours! I like your use of intensity and how it relates exercises. Take running for example with a simple flip of the old intensity switch we can go from (to keep it stone age) aerobic to anaerobic. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot it would seem we have much more in common than I had first imagined. However I would still love to debate sometime the old argument Aerobic vs Anaerobic.

Derek
Old 07-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #12
Tavita

Profile:  
TJ: Thanks for the reference.

Derek: No worries about the wrong foot. Using a computer to figure someone out is not definite. I may come off as sounding like I am a Cardio/Aerobic freak of the 80s/90s, but experience and present day results prove otherwise of course. And the aerobic/anaerobic activity debate is far from the original topic. SO to keep with topic and simply put where "Aerobic" may fit in a firefighter's workout: I would think that it would be used as a maintenance tool for field endurance and weight loss/gain. Fire service physical training is very wide and diverse a field for a scholar study to undertake, unless that scholar was a firefighter who was using his occupational experiences to provide his working data. But then the scholar would have to examine and study the experiences of more members of weight, size, height, build, etc. The test group would be too hard to keep track of in a busy district. Unless the whole test group recorded their training and incident responses.

I don't have answers, just ideas.