CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Mike Clauss

Profile:
6 months of fun

Today marks my 6th month of following the main site's WOD, slowly and painfully sometimes but sticking with it.

Last night I decided to goof around a bit in the garage and really surprised myself. First I learned that I can do multiple muscle ups and with a 20 second break between sets I did sets of 5, 5, 5 and 4. Up until last night I hadn't really done a lot of work on muscle ups just an attempt to get a single if it came up in the WOD then I'd scale and do pull ups and dips. Second, I have mastered the handstand and I'm pretty good at walking on my hands. Normally I do the flop technique where you use momentum to get up and over to prop against the wall when doing handstand push ups then when I get tired I face the wall and climb up with my legs. Last night I decided to try kicking up a handstand from the floor (both hands and feet starting on the floor) and after a few tries I got it. Then it was off the races, kicking up a handstand and holding and coming back down under control and then walking across my lifting platform and coming down under control.

I know a lot of the testimonials are body weight or body composition based but for me being able to pull off some of the fun gymnastic style stuff really made my day.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Angelica Graham

Profile:
Re: 6 months of fun

Nice job!!!