CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Michael J Beggs

Profile:
Re: Heeeere we go again, same old @#$% again-Deployment #3

Since my workout program might get sabotaged I think I am going to switch my focus to more strength related stuff. I poured through some of the Gant Grimes Hybrid stuff and I think I am going to give it a whirl. That stuff looks like more fun than pushups and situps anyhow.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
Michael J Beggs

Profile:

It looks like my schedule is starting to even out a bit. It's not exactly what I would have liked but at least now I will have some continuity. I have to do company PT in the mornings, Mon-Fri. That stuff is a joke so I should be plenty rested for evening workouts. I will probably work out 6 days a week, generally resting on Sundays. I will be using the MEBB 3 day template. On the "off" days I will mostly likely use rowing WODs off the CFE site. I will be running 3 days a week during company PT so this will gives the joints a rest while get some Metcon in. Plus I am vane and I like the way rowing fills out my upper back, giving me that nice v taper. My diet has been better this week but I am going to get a little stricter starting tomorrow. It is rough since my food choices are limited. I will work with what I got. I figure I have about 8 months to get in killer shape. Plenty of time to "get my sexy back"
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Michael J Beggs

Profile:

2K TT Row
9:20

My first TT of the rowing season was horrible. Going to test it again next weekend.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
Michael J Beggs

Profile:

That last 2k TT was pathetic. I had to give it another shot. Not great, but an improvement. My goal is to get back to sub 7s before I leave Kuwait. I am starting to see why I use to love rowing so much. I think I can be pretty good again. I don't think I will be back in time to compete at any indoor regattas, but I should be in good enough shape to give a respectable showing in the 2014 season.

2k TT Row
8:34.2

Last edited by Michael J Beggs; 05-14-2012 at 11:43 AM..
Old 05-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
Michael J Beggs

Profile:

After taking yesterday off I eagerly went to the gym only to find the place packed. As much as it pains me I'm going to have to start going in the morning. In a lot of ways it is probably ideal. We have unit PT at 530 so I'll probably have to be up before 4. I've been waking up naturally around that time anyhow so maybe it won't be so tough. It will take me a couple of weeks to get used to it but in the long run it may be best. I'll let you alll know how it goes tomorrow.