CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #61
Ibn Saeed

Profile:
Re: Rings, Rings, Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiMercurio View Post
I have the Muscle Driver Rings.....they were the least expensive....the rings themselves are great...I believe in taping them anyway...they are regulation olympic diameter and rock solid....I have noticed recently thathe straps slip if you don't have them completely aligned in the buckle...aside from that they are worth the money. -JD
Nice to hear that you are enjoying your rings
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #62
Skylar Cook

Profile:

ROGUE!

Haven't used the Xtremes yet, but my dad bought a pair of Elites for the house (I went with Rogue for equipment at school). I really don't like the Elites. They feel really light (though this may just be because I was using a pair of DIY wood rings for a year beforehand) and I can't grip them for ****. I had to tape over the bottom half of the rings just to get a firm grip. I haven't been up on the rogues, yet, but I took them out of the box today and am, so far, very impressed. I feel I have a much surer grip on them than I ever did on the Elites. I don't think I'll be needing to tape these.

Furthermore, I've been extremely impressed with the customer service and quality of Rogue equipment. Bill was very accommodating and quick to reply to any messages. I believe I had a quote for a customized package within a day or two of contacting them. Will definitely be placing my next order with them again.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #63
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Hello

I am waiting for my rings to arrive.

In the meantime, can some recommend any links , videos etc for basic ring training for strength.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #64
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

http://drillsandskills.com/article/17 w/f safe

there is plenty on youtube
Old 01-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #65
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
http://drillsandskills.com/article/17 w/f safe

there is plenty on youtube

Thanks for the link.

Is there any Book or Video dedicated for Ring Training. (Not the complete Gymnastics thing), only where it teaches how to incorporate Ring training for Strength/Endurance ?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 AM   #66
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Ring training isn't for endurance. It is used to develop upper body and midbody strength. It can also be used as an assistance device for some movements for those not strong enough to do handstand pushups or pistols. If one were to train exclusively kipping MU on rings, that could be a power/work capacity training methodology.

http://ringtraining.com/shop/dvd/ring-strength-dvd.html w/f safe

There are a slew of other more gymnastics oriented ring training videos you can find on gymnastic suppliers. These tend to have more to do with developing ring skills besides rudimentary ring strength.

Coach Sommer won't be putting out his Advanced Rings book and dvd out for awhile. He has been releasing tidbits on his youtube profile.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies family safe, might get some weird looks at work.

Last edited by Blair Robert Lowe : 01-26-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #67
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Ring training isn't for endurance. It is used to develop upper body and midbody strength. It can also be used as an assistance device for some movements for those not strong enough to do handstand pushups or pistols. If one were to train exclusively kipping MU on rings, that could be a power/work capacity training methodology.

http://ringtraining.com/shop/dvd/ring-strength-dvd.html w/f safe

There are a slew of other more gymnastics oriented ring training videos you can find on gymnastic suppliers. These tend to have more to do with developing ring skills besides rudimentary ring strength.

Coach Sommer won't be putting out his Advanced Rings book and dvd out for awhile. He has been releasing tidbits on his youtube profile.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies family safe, might get some weird looks at work.

Thanks.

What about Building the Gymnastics Body book by Coach Sommer ? Is it geared towards Strength training ?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #68
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Definitely. Come to think of it, there is plenty of rings progressions in it. I guess I was just being a dummy considering I have a copy of the book and dvd was the first to review it. Derr.

For some reason, I was thinking purely only rings training and nothing else and forgot BtGB uses rings in their progression series.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #69
Beau Blinder

Profile:

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a set of rings, but I don't have anywhere to put them besides the freezing cold unheated garage. I live in a house owned by a friend of mine, but I feel uncomfortable asking him if I can hang them in my room or in our laundry room.

Is there any place or way I might be able to hang them without drilling into his house?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #70
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Look at getting a portable doorframe pullup bar or one of those Iron Gym pullup bars for doorways.