CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
Max Philipsson

Profile:
Rotation of shoulders

Hello i`m new here on this forum but have been following x-fit for at least 2 years. Im also swedish, so parten my spelling.

Ihave a long lasting problem with my shoulders. They are rotated forward and as a result of that i had an injurie (labrum tear and biceps tendon tear). The dr said that it is due to my natural constitution of my shoulders. I do wrestling and that is a lot of stress on the front deltoid he said. Ive been doing exercises for my rear deltoids for a long time and stretching my pectoralis muscles aswell. Nothing of this seems to make a difference! I am very greatfull for any kind of help and adwise?

Regards / Max
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Rotation of shoulders

What exercises have you been doing?

With any significant shoulder injuries, unfortunately, it may be possible to never recover fully again. We'll try to get you going though.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 AM   #3
Max Philipsson

Profile:

Thanks. Ive been following the main page wod all the way up to my injurie. The injurie came during stand up wresling, trading for underhooks. As i where lifting something gave and it sort of poped and droped a bit. the exercises i`ve been doing is pre-training; ohs with 20 kg bar or broomstick, bent rows with 20 kg bar, rubberband in and out rotations. Ive also been deadlifting quiet a bit since that has been helping me with posture i think? I had surgery (bankart) on my right shoulder exactly 1 month ago. At the moment i have problems just to lift my right arm in front of me. My progress is good i think but miles away from doing ohs.

Thougts?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Steven Low

Profile:

Yeah, definitely do your rotator cuff work to strengthen that. Start progressing slowly into those compounds (sounds like you are). Mainly right now basically follow your PT's advice if you have one to get your shoulder strength back. Evaluate from there after it gets stronger.

Also, frequent massages are good if you're not getting any especially to an area with surgery to help prevent and breakup scar tissue.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #5
Max Philipsson

Profile:

Thanks for the replie!