CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Eric Auciello

Profile:
CrossFit Revolution... Thanks Skip!

I've been really frustrated lately trying to find an inexpensive suitable lease in my area. I was going to use the county parks to run a boot camp....the parks dept is a mess and they can’t seem to figure out if it’s allowable. Long story short ...last night I began reading some old post about Skip starting out Mt Baker at a gymnastics location. At 5pm today I email a 21000 sq ft facility in an awesome location wondering if they may be interested in subletting me some space. Guess what? By 9pm I had full access to the facility from 5:30am until 3pm ...Boot Camp is now indoors (awesome because it will be 90% in a month) Cost is a % of my monthly take. CrossFit is a go...Rings, high bars, rope's etc, etc. Sometimes you just got to get out there and ask....I'm absolutely ecstatic right now. So...thanks Skip for offering such a wealth of information on the site. I got to give you a lot of credit..if I hadn’t read that post I never would have contacted them.

From an operation stand point maybe somebody can chime in on a few questions I have?

How does your insurance treat this type of sublease? (Mine covers an area no larger than 1000sq ft)

Should I write a contract specifying the "1000 sq ft sublet"?

Has anyone had any pitfalls they can share..when dealing with this type of arrangement?

Thanks for everyone's help and thanks again Skip.

Eric Auciello

Last edited by Eric Auciello : 02-27-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Tarun Suri

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Revolution... Thanks Skip!

Although I don't hvae any inputs that can help with your questions, I gotta say CONGRATS!!!

21k sq feet??? That's huge! Can't wait to see how this will turn out!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Bernard Edwards

Profile:

Eric,

That is awesome buddy!!! I am sure that you will get some great answers to question. To me - the 1,000 sq sublet contract would be the way to go to meet insurance req, until you grow so much that you have to get your own space, which I'm sure won't take long.

If you could - I would love if you could share the email you sent them with me. My email is Bernard.edwards@andrews.af.mil
Like yourself, I hope to affiliate and sub-lease a space until my 9-5 becomes obsolete or the need for space comes!!!

Congrats again!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Skip Chase

Profile:

Good! I am glad to hear of your success!!

www.mtbakercrossfit.com