CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #11
Mikey D'Antignac

Profile:  
Just obtained this today! Enjoy!
http://www.dantignacphoto.com/unedited_mikey_mri.jpg
Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #12
Kevin King

Profile:
Mikey,

You did a number on your knee. My biggest piece of advice is listen to your physical therapist. Work your rehab as hard as you can but do not try to get ahead of your physical limitations as this is a quick ticket to more pain and potentially further injury. This is especially important after surgery.

Best of luck. I have plenty of friends and have seen lots of patients do quite well and return to full activity after ACL reconstructions.

-- Kevin
Old 07-17-2006, 06:12 AM   #13
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
Wow, I am not even trained to read those things and I can tell the damage you did just by knowing the anatomy. Let us know when surgery is going to be.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
Mikey D'Antignac

Profile:  
Today was my last day of physical therapy. I've been going three times a week for three weeks. Completed this week with Lvl 10 squats on both legs. Lvl 9 squats on the bad knee/leg. I'm able to do 70lbs on leg curl machine. I've had no pain execept my earlier post when I had the whole catching deal. I walk without crutches. I can go up and down stairs without crutchs. I walk up and down extreme inclines with no problem.

I've been feeling great. The exercise in general has been great for me.

Now for the fun news. I have to get a blood test at the hospital Wednesday.. no biggie. I have surgery July 31st at 7:30AM. Have to be there at 6:00AM for paperwork. Until then I'm going to go continue doing my exercises as my physical therapist recommended, and try to stay positive.

Doctor said he'll be giving photos of the whole thing. So I may post those if it doesn't knot up any stomaches.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:58 AM   #15
Jerimiah Childress

Profile:
Thats great mikey, sounds like you have got a great PT your working with. DEFINATELY, keep doing the exercises your PT gave you. The better that knee is before surgery the quicker after surgery will be. Hope we get to see pictures, I love that gore stuff.