CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
Robert Hunt

Profile:
Hello everyone. I am new and would like to ask a couple of questions. A little history. Since Aug 2006 I have lost 110 lbs and currently weigh 296 lbs. with a goal weight of 200 lbs. Since then I have moved to 3rd shift and work...10:30 P.M. to 6:45 A.M. and my weight lose has slowed down to a crawl. I follow the zone during the week and allow some flexibility during the weekends. Nothing major...just a sit down meal with the wife at a nice place or some mexican food. This is pretty much what I did when I worked during the day and it worked. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
George Mounce

Profile:
Have your eating times changed to reflect your new schedule?

If you are working 10:30 PM to 6:45 AM, and you go out to eat during a normal evening dinner time, you are eating right before you'd normally wake up for work.

A good tracker is (w/f safe): http://www.fitday.com I'd keep track and see what you are eating, and also when you are eating. If you have shifted your whole work schedule but not your eating schedule and are eating at work as well, you might just be adding in food.

I had this same problem when I was flying C-17s, mission times from wake up to next bedtime might be 30 hours. Many times I'd be flying when I'd normally be asleep and it is really hard to fight the urge to eat when sitting in a plane with nothing better to do during long portions on autopilot.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 AM   #3
Kevin Perry

Profile:
Hey Robert,

I work a 3rd shift as well from 8:00 pm to 6:40 a.m. I had the same issue but because my off days constantly rotate I have to shift my eating schedule along with it. On nights thats I work I only eat 3 meals "breakfast" before I go in, "lunch" in the middle of the night, and "dinner". I use my break time for snacks which are around 2.5 hours between meals. But since im on a mass gain diet right now I just eat large meals and disregard zone or paleo requirements through I stick with paleo for food sources mostly.

It's tough to avoid eating up to six meals a day when your body is confused but it takes time to adjust and looking at your weight drop im sure you can mroe than handle it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Robert Hunt

Profile:
Hey George, Thanks for the link. I opened up an account today. On a side note thanks for your military service! I work for General Dynamics and we make parts for the C 17 plane, baggage doors. flaps and winglets.
Kevin , yeah it is tough, the early morning munchies are tough to avoid. Thanks for the encouragement.