CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Steve Richards

Profile:
Re: IAFF & Cross-fit

The trurth of the matter is the IAFF and ACE are in bed together. ACE makes a boatload of money from the firefighters that "have" to take the PFT class to be a member of their health and wellness initiative. Lets be honest the intire initiative is a joke. I appreciate the thought of it, but the things we have to do are not a good indicator of someones fitness. I recently turned my department on to CrossFit and have finished out first CrossFit academy.. Things went very well.. If you need/want more info please visit my site www.CrossFit2260.com YOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.or e-mail me CrossFit2260@gmail.com

Last edited by Joshua Murphy; 01-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: ALL links require W/F Safe or not
Old 02-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Jason Theriault

Profile:

You know the USAF Fire Emergency svs just completed a whole set of Firefighter wellness books, it would have been nice if CF was as big as it today, when they started the publication/studies..

I think every Firehouse should have equipment for CF..The stuff you do during a WOD is very much like the stuff you do on the job..

If anyone is wondering, I think Miami Dade has a BUNCH of CFitters.. Very BIG following down there..
Old 02-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #13
Dave Coughlin

Profile:

Hey Brian, would you please send me the PowerPoint presentation, as well? Please? dcoughlin3----@----cfl.rr.com (email address is without the -s).

Our 1300 person FD put a class of about 30 FFs through ACE certification for PFTs. There are a few CFers around, and I keep a bunch of stuff with me for station WODs with crewmates.

A few months ago. I posted a similar question, and Affiliate owner/FF Todd Lynch at BGI Ft Lauderdale helped answer some questions. Here is the wfs link for that thread:
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37200

Does anyone know if the Mil/Leo Level I Cert still has a $200 discount that extends to FFs? I might be able to get reimbursed, but I'm not sure with my own FD. Budget cuts down here in FL have not been good for FDs, so far...
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 AM   #14
John Velandra

Profile:

Brian,
Would love a copy as well, please...

john@designsinfitiness.net
Old 02-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #15
Justin Duff

Profile:

Dave I took the Mil/LEO cert @ Fort Dix a few months ago and they extended me the courtesy of the discount. Also, I would love a copy of the power point presentation. I am trying to get Philadelphia to adopt crossfit.
justduff222@hotmail.com
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #16
Brian Castillo

Profile:

I will work on getting the pp out this week. I just got a note from Michael Manning that the pp helped him to get it going in FL.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
Steve Quinn

Profile:

Brian, I would also like a copy of your PP.
fyrmanquinn@msn.com
I work for a 600 person department and I think I finally have convinced the right people, and my level one cert should be in next years budget. I joined the fitness comittee and we are going to keep the PFT and use Crossfit as an option for people. Hopefully over time Crossfit takes over.
Also, Orange County Fire Authority has a huge commitment to Crossfit. Check them out for more info.

Last edited by Steve Quinn; 02-18-2009 at 05:47 PM..
Old 02-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
Ted Spore

Profile:

Brian, would love to check out your powerpoint, i have an interview with the Chief, Med Director, and Union Pres on the 24 and could use some more ammo. Thanks Ted teddy7844@yahoo.com