CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #1
Rob St. Croix

Profile:
Yesterday was a very cool day.

Started off by taking my kids to Gymnastics. It was my daughter's (20 mo) first time and my son's (5 1/2 yro) second year. That was very nice cause i got to help my daughter do all the stuff, which wasn't more than climbing over stuff and some balance beam walking, but she was worn out at the end and went right to sleep when we got home. My son has come along way too. He was scared of heights last year, now not so much.

Then, when I got home, motivated by watching the older little girls on the uneven bars, I decided to go in the garage and work on trying to get my first muscle-up . I did one about 3 years ago, but don't know how. Then yesterday, after about 20 min, I just stopped thinking about it and did a kip like I do on the bar, and all of a sudden i was up! I yelled and my wife came running in because she thought I dropped an over head squat on my head or something. Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why I was never able to do a muscle-up before.

Don't get me wrong though, it's ugly, I have to have a big wind up to make it happen, but my feet start off the floor and there is no jumping involved so I can honestly say its a real muscle-up although real artistic gymnasts would laugh. Next I want to do a Bar muscle-up so I can use it, instead of the college boy roll, to get over the first obstacle on the USMC obstacle course.

Last edited by Rob St. Croix : 08-29-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
James A Stevens

Profile:
Re: Yesterday was a very cool day.

Ahhh, one day I will manage it! At the moment I still have trouble with pullups! Watching me trying to do something resembling a muscle-up produces - from anyone that watches