CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
Ross Burke

Profile:
I was training in a crossfit manner for high school wrestling before I even knew crossfit existed. Handstands, pullups, dips, squats, cleans, presses, situps, rowing, sprints; I did it all. However I never really knew of anyone else who had the same approach to training so it's nice to know that their are other lunatics out there who are not satisfied with concentrating on just one aspect of fitness in favor of another. Just some personal stats: bdywt. 147, mile run: 5:30(done in track season last spring), pullups: 12, parallel dips:12, front squat: 145, power clean and push press: 125, 500 meter row: 1:57. I haven't tried a WOD yet as wrestling practice tires me out too much to add anything else. Ross
Old 02-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Sounds like you are doing some great work! Welcome, and good luck with the season.
Robb
Old 02-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #3
manuel

Profile:  
Am a newbe to Crossfit and yesterday I did my first WOD (a mile on the bike machine, 10 pull-ups and 15 reps of 135 on the bench press). Perform as many as you can in 30 minutes.

On my first round I had to run a mile on the treadmill (6mins 30sec), cause a bike machine wasn't available. However, on my next rounds I used the bike machine. I was able to complete 3 rounds in the 30 minutes. I was spent. Man, I was tried!

Am going to continue this crossfit traning, but wanna know if this was below, above or average. Am 33yoa, and WT. 190 at 5'9".

Also, where can I get some examples on some of the exercises in the WOD. Am not fimilar with some. Like the muscle up.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Manuel-check in the "Esercises" section and just poking around. Most of the movements have been described. One of the past Crossfit Journals also describes in great detail how to build up to and perform the muscleup.
Welcome!
Robb
Old 02-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
Daniel Ramos

Profile:
Hey Manuel your user name (Coqui69) leads me to think you are puertorican. Where are you from?

Daniel
Old 02-03-2003, 01:20 PM   #6
manuel

Profile:  
Mr. Wolf, thanks for your quick response. I have poked around in the exercise section and couldn't find anything. However, I dont think about past Crossfit Journals. Thanks..

Hey Daniel, you got it. Boricua (from Chicago) in Da House.