CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Okay, so I'm feeling pretty good lately.

First reason: I got a job. But not any job. I got a job coaching gymnastics! Plus, I get to work with two other guys who were on my high school gymnastics team - AND, the owner of the club was also on the team many a year ago. Let's see: Money, gymnastics, good friends? Winning combination.

Second (more important) reason: Today, after the last class finished, me and a few other coworkers (specifically, my friends, and a girl that works there) hung out and goofed around on the equipment. This is awesome for me, because I finally get to get back on GOOD gymnastics equipment. Well, after numerous times up on the rings (I'm inching ever closer to that iron cross!), I finally do a

* -- MUSCLE UP -- *

Okay, a little dramatic, but I'm still really happy, because it was totally unexpected. I'll try to get a camera or something next time so I can have proof. I'm still in a mild state of euphoria. :crazy:

I'll make sure to let you folks know when I nab that iron cross. :wink:

- Kevin
Old 07-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #2
Matt Toupalik

Profile:
Congratulations on the job and the muscle-up, Kevin!Nothing like getting paid doing something you love.Not to mention working with close friends.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #3
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
Yeah, I get paid to teach people martial arts. Just had my 7 year anniversary for teaching too.

Greatest job in the world. If you have a tenth of the fun that I have you'll have a wonderful time.

Congrats on the M/U. I need to get some rings so I can make an attempt.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:14 AM   #4
Ross Hunt

Profile:
Kevin,

Congratulations! Makes me want to make another muscle-up attempt tomorrow - I guess you never know exactly when it'll happen.

Ross
Old 07-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #5
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Yeah. I'll say this - it reeeeally really helped to at least try to turn one wrist into a heavy false grip at the top of the pullup. It gives you a lot of leverage.