CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Kenneth Ritchie

Profile:

I dont know about any others out there but I am so fed up with those who come into my gym and persist on doing either useless exercises or down right daft routines. I constantly have to tell them that what they are doing is either not safe or not doing what they percieve it to be doing. In my part of Scotland the male mentality is just lift heavy even although they are throwing their bodies into the reps because the simply cannot lift that weight. Some clients are receptive to the information supplied by me and my staff however there are those who would seriously benefit from a good educational imput of health and fitness data. I feel education is the key to suceeding in this constant life battle.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Kenneth, you post is a little vague. One man's "daft routine" is another's key to success. As an Olympic-style weightlifter I hear comments like yours all the time, always from people who have no idea what I'm doing but feel compelled to comment anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
Graham Hayes

Profile:
I leave them be, really I couldn't care less if they are using 3lb dumbbells...of course I'd still giggle at the sight...but unless these people actively go out of their way to educate themselves and not rely on "gurus" to hand knowledge down they probably aren't worth your time.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
Kenneth Ritchie

Profile:

Thanks for the reply. Yip I do understand that just because something may look strange it may be just what that person needs. I tell that to people every day. I meant the more typical exercises such as basic dumb-bell arm curls that guys are usually bad at doing due to the weight. I use some unorthodox training myself and yea there ar probably people out there who would say the same about me but the technique is correct. That was the education I was really referring to. Thanks again ... Kenny
Old 05-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #5
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Health and fitness "data" are constantly being refuted and revamped. There are many routes to being fit. I'll chose my way, let others chose theirs. Now if they were to ask me - I'll give them my 2 cents.