CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #241
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:
Re: Seen in Public today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Henry View Post
I hate when I explain to people that I wear them because I A) don't like to wear shoes and B) want to strengthen the muscles of my foot that support my foot, not rely on some padding of a shoe, they quickly say, "Oh, I could never do that." Yes you can, I just explained to you how you can do that...
^^lol this
I've had to explain to a few people that I've cut sugar out of my diet almost entirely. And always explain that once you do it for just a bit you don't really miss it or desire it that match and get used to it pretty quickly.

"Oh, I could never do that." Um, yes you can, you see once you do it you get used to it...like I just explained.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #242
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
^^lol this
I've had to explain to a few people that I've cut sugar out of my diet almost entirely. And always explain that once you do it for just a bit you don't really miss it or desire it that match and get used to it pretty quickly.

"Oh, I could never do that." Um, yes you can, you see once you do it you get used to it...like I just explained.
I hate how everyone uses their ethnic or cultural background as an excuse for not being able to eat paleo. After a while you start to realize that almost all cultures have grains as a staple of their diets so it blows their excuse right out of the H2O
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #243
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
I hate how everyone uses their ethnic or cultural background as an excuse for not being able to eat paleo. After a while you start to realize that almost all cultures have grains as a staple of their diets so it blows their excuse right out of the H2O
That reminds me. The other day I heard someone say...
"Oh but you know I'm half Greek, so I love food."

I remembered thinking at the time what a dumb thing it is to say. You never hear anybody say, "Oh but you know I'm half Russian so I don't really like eating." or "When our family gets together we cook terrible tasting crap." or "I come from a large German family so we have a hard time finding any foods palatable."

News Flash: People like food. It's not because your culture is the only place to get decent food, or that you like food more than other people are capable of liking it. Indians like Indian food. Japanese like Japanese food. Kenyans like Kenyan food. And there are foods from your culture that don't make you fat but you've only really chosen to keep the ones that do.

Look, now you got me all worked up. I've gotta go have a drink because I'm half Irish. Then I'm going to eat a twinkie because my folks are 100% American. You know how we are about our processed, artificially flavored, and created in a lab food.

Last edited by Matt Haxmeier : 04-22-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #244
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
Or supports it. If almost all cultures have grains as a staple, maybe grains aren't so terrible after all? :stir:

Katherine
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 AM   #245
John Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
Or supports it. If almost all cultures have grains as a staple, maybe grains aren't so terrible after all? :stir:

Katherine
That's the logic I read into it, Katherine
Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 AM   #246
Ray Ambury

Profile:

Not sure if it counts as seen in public but the three minute legs thing on the mainpage is hilarious (it's the guided assistance technology link).

Is there a thread anywhere on these boards with all these crazy pieces of "fitness" kit? I'd love to see what else is out there.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #247
Andrew Roden

Profile:

lmao that that 3 minute legs made the main site front page!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #248
Allen Tluczek

Profile:

Seen at the apartment grill yesterday:
Two rather large women, smoking and drinking cans of natty ice, while grilling two of the smallest chicken breasts I have ever seen. I walked up, tossed on my 2lb of burgers, set up some rings on a tree, and did ring dips and knees to elbows after running a couple of short sprints in the "fitness center." When I came back to flip the burgers they were talking about their diet.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #249
Joe Mercurio

Profile:

At the local park running trail, a guy texting...while riding his bike
Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #250
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mercurio View Post
At the local park running trail, a guy texting...while riding his bike