CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #51
Nicole Ashman

Profile:
Re: Nikki 2k - The pleasure of pain journey...

thank you very much!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 AM   #52
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

Doing cindy yesterday wrecked my legs....

7 rounds
10 45# thrusters
10 30# kb swings
10 55# assisted pullups

12:33

My legs were trembling on every thruster
Old 05-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #53
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

Form day....

Did a longer warm up
5 minutes on the treadmill
10 ghs (slow)
10 back extensions (slow)
10 bws
foam roller work

Worked on DL 115# form is improving alot. Started with 45# and worked up to 115# hopefully next week the weight will go up.

Started to try and kip. My hands are not a fan of pull ups ha I understand that the pull up is a very humbling exercise.... and I am definitely HUMBLED by them...

Ran a mile while Jay did his work out.

Let the week begin tomorrow.....
Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 AM   #54
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

Unbelievably unhappy with my work out this morning....
Angie
dropped the assist to 45#... 17:59.

I could not get my hands in a position to where they did not hurt like hell on the pull up machine..... Ugh.. I left the gym feeling more miserable then ever.....
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 AM   #55
Jay Ashman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Ashman View Post

Unbelievably unhappy with my work out this morning....
Angie
dropped the assist to 45#... 17:59.

I could not get my hands in a position to where they did not hurt like hell on the pull up machine..... Ugh.. I left the gym feeling more miserable then ever.....
Let me analyze this for you and put this in the proper perspective.

April 21 you did a scaled down "Angie". You had 75# of assist on the chinup machine and this is what you did.

25 pull ups
25 push ups
50 sit ups
50 squats

Time 4:39

Today, you did a proper "Angie" with only 45# assist on the chinup bar and you did 100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 squats for 17:59.

As you do more reps, you speed will decrease from muscle fatigue and wind, its the truth. I know you did a lot of those pushups on your knees because you don't have the upper body strength to do 100 strict yet, but that is totally ok, nobody is expecting you to blow out 100 when you are new to all of this. I know your core is good so 100 situps are like me eating breakfast. I know you need work on your squat because you have a tendency to stop at parallel and not allow the hips to open and generate power that way.

Let's talk about the chins. In LESS THAN A MONTH you took off 30# on the assisted machine, not only that, you did 100 of them in a workout. Why the hell are you walking out of the gym frustrated? Tell me one logical reason you are. You can't other than your own drive making you want it all now, but that can't happen, this is a process and you are ALREADY doing GREAT at it so don't rush too much more.

I think this time is fantastic. I'm not lying. "Angie" is a hard damn workout to do and you challenged yourself by dropping the assist to 45#. As soon as that assist is lower than 20# we will be able to REALLY push you to get a deadhang and work more on that kip.

As far as the hands. This is your first exposure to this type of intense workout, really. Bootcamp aside where you don't grab bars and pull them in that class. Your hands are soft and will need conditioning and time to get used to massive amounts of pullups and deadlifts, plus the olympic lifting we will be working on in the future once you get more power and start making those hips work to your advantage.

So.....

FANTASTIC work today, and GREAT work lately. You have nothing to leave the gym miserable about at ALL. I love you and I'm proud of you.

If I felt you were slacking off and not doing your job, I would tell you, but I know you are and the results are showing.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #56
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

I hate when you are right......

But as you know, you and I have a very similar personality when it comes to things like this.....

Thank you.....
Old 05-20-2009, 03:03 AM   #57
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

Got to love it... two days in a row a *****ty effing work out....
12 min amraps. 5-55# thrusters and 10 burpees.
7 full rounds and started burpees (working on 8 full rounds).

Burpees are the perfect way to make me hate my performance....

Because I want to get the best results and best work out I really have a hard time accepting that I did not do as good as I felt I could of. I can not catch my breathing during burpees.

You could be told that you did good or that there is tomorrow but today I am really not concerned by tomorrows "what could be" times and performance. I know today I did not excel to my own standards....

Even my lowest standards that I hold for myself are higher then some people's highest standards. If I do not push myself beyond my standards I will never be able to perform the way I know I can.

When I delve into something and really have a lot of passion for it, I drive myself to hit those marks. Granted I have only been doing this for 7 weeks and I know that I have excelled within those weeks I am not happy with my work out from yesterday and today....
Old 05-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #58
Jay Ashman

Profile:

well, then just keep pushing on and those bad workouts will become less and less, even though I don't think it was a bad workout.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #59
Charles Bennington

Profile:

I'm with Jay, you're doing kickass...In perspective- If I could make a 30lbs difference in my weighted Pull-Ups for reps in a month, I'd be the happiest guy on this message board!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #60
Nicole Ashman

Profile:

Jay... thanks... that is what I am doing. You and I both know that I will beat myself up on the way.... just the way it is with me unfortunately.

Charles, thanks as well...there's a difference with your work out and mine you are not doing it scaled haha so my times SHOULD be better every time and this one I just feel that there was NO improvement. Even though it is a 30lb assist difference I am still not satisfied with my time. I AM however glad I finished it and did not quit in the process....