CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Joe Schwab

Profile:
Re: USAF PT

I'm in as well, but only if the AF promises to keep the 32 in waist on the pfa. Talk about some silly BS.

I'm currently at RAF Mildenhall, but moving to Altus AFB in April. I'll be looking for some CF types to take over the gym for morning pt.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
George Mounce

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Theriault View Post
What's the status on this mailing list.. anyone ever JUMP on it?? We're still gathering information and people to START this revolution at Hurlburt Fld
Do you guys read the pop-up that says this thread is from 2006?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #13
Scott Ponte

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Theriault View Post
What's the status on this mailing list.. anyone ever JUMP on it?? We're still gathering information and people to START this revolution at Hurlburt Fld
Looks like somone was asking for a status George. People are always telling people to search, and then giving them crap for reviving, updating or asking questions on "dead" topics.

Damned if you do.... damned if you don't.

In other news. I'm down if somone made something for the USAF. I put a comment in the box every day I go to the gym to get rowers at Davis-Monthan.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #14
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Other than wanting rowers, how is the gym at DM??? That's a base I'd like to work at before retiring (i've got time....lol)
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
Cody Looney

Profile:

I've been a TACP for 7 years and we have been doing CrossFit for at least 3 years. There is even a CrossFit style gym in the downstairs of our schoolhouse in Florida now. I've been working with my unit and some others in the McChord/Ft Lewis area on CrossFit and it's been a lot of "fun"!

As far ar Hurlburt Fld goes, there is a TON of CrossFit going on there. You just have to know where to look......

If a mailing list actually happens, I want in!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
Mark Martinez

Profile:

Add me in too, if it happens. Why did George Mounce get banned? Anyone else notice his name in red?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
Mathew Thomas McCoy

Profile:

Count me in as well. Been doing crossfit for a year and some change now. I'm a Diet Therapy Tech. I'm stationed at Andrews AFB and they have finally turned our tennis courts at the fitness center on base into a some what of a make shift crossfit / p90x tactical fitness center. which is great and all but they have turned it kinda globo by hiring these so called civy crossfit trainers from downtown dc, that try to kick the few of us cfers that have been training for awhile out so they can run their scaled down class's in the new area to the masses. So when you go and do the wod,they mad dog you and try to act all hot $h*! by going on their bull horn and say stupid $h*! like a high school girl would by saying," crossfit is life style and you shouldn't do it because it looks cool" which is in reference to us few seasoned crossfiters to this base at least, but what ever if they wish to act like a little school girl then oh well Buck em. Sorry about the soap box but this has been going on since they open the new area, but definitely count me in.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #18
Mark Martinez

Profile:

Dude, just be glad you at least have something like that. Are those trainers certified? We had one trainer who did one day a week of Crossfitesque type stuff at Langley. Not sure if he was certified at the time. Even then, the gym there was still ill equipped.

Here in frozen hell, I've met one other person who talks crossfit who claims she is lvl I cert. She's deployed right now though. So I carry on by myself looking like a complete lunatic to the other gym goers.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
Carolyn Rocco

Profile:

Hey Mark!
Sorry to hear about your frozen hell location....I won't tell you that it was about 60 down here today...woops, just did.
You up for orders anytime soon?

Seriously, I would ask the gym if you could post a "wanted" ad on a bulletin board there, or even post where people advertise houses for sale/rent, automobiles, etc. Perhaps an ad in the base paper. Surely there's got to be at least ONE more CF'er where you are.
Best of luck!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #20
Scott Ponte

Profile:

Carolyn,

Gym on DM is nice, its a few years old so fairly new. Not alot of space for free weights though, they made a huge cardio room, indoor track, basketball courts and lobby the priority. Weights are tucked away in 2 smallish rooms in the corner and guess what, filled with machines and no power rack. Just some bars with hooks.