CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #91
Dale Finlayson

Profile:
Re: 2013 Open, Regionals and Games Thread

I expect that Matt Swift of CrossFit Brisbane will give Bill some tough competition plus a bunch of random fire breathers I have never heard of!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #92
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Looks like the judge's course is now up and running.
I'm kind of surprised we, even affiliate owners, have to PAY to take it. Oh well, it is just $10. One less lunch this week...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #93
David Alexander

Profile:

Any idea on when they will release the dates for when each Region will have there Regional competition?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #94
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Yes would be nice to book time off work before dates become unavailable. Is there any idea when the Crossfit Games finals will be this year, I have a chance in the 40-44 division but need to book time off now just in case.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #95
Lee Hill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Looks like the judge's course is now up and running.
I'm kind of surprised we, even affiliate owners, have to PAY to take it. Oh well, it is just $10. One less lunch this week...
I have a level 1. Do I have to do the judge's course to judge at the open and score people at our affiliate? I am not the owner, nor do I wish to judge at Regionals. The wording seems contradictory to me and another coach.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #96
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
I have a level 1. Do I have to do the judge's course to judge at the open and score people at our affiliate? I am not the owner, nor do I wish to judge at Regionals. The wording seems contradictory to me and another coach.
I read it as whoever runs the box must take the test, presumably they will be the one that validates all the scores. The other trainers at the gym can still judge and pass there scores on to be validated without taking the test. They just cannot be judges at regionals.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #97
John Holcombe

Profile:

Was able to attend my first crossfit event this weekend as a spectator. Still have not competed. I went to the Sac-Town Throwdown 2013 which had Open teams from some big crossfit boxes around here.

-East Sac
-NorCal
-Santa Cruz
-Rocklin
-West Sac
-San Francisco

I was extremely excited to go check this out because I had heard it was one of the bigger non-games competitions (like the OC Throwdown). Jason Khalipa was also listed in the competitors list and I was so excited to see an athlete of his level up close and competing. Blair Morrison also owns a few gyms that were competing. Unfortunately neither of them ended up competing this weekend but it was still very cool to watch. I figure they know they'll be competing in regionals and/or the games so they want to give their other guys a chance because only 1 open team was allowed per gym (along with 1 masters and 1 novice). Being at the competition live showed me how intense it is but I also felt like if I had been competing I wouldn't have completely embarassed myself, so I'm hoping to compete in it next year!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #98
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
Was able to attend my first crossfit event this weekend as a spectator. Still have not competed. I went to the Sac-Town Throwdown 2013 which had Open teams from some big crossfit boxes around here.

-East Sac
-NorCal
-Santa Cruz
-Rocklin
-West Sac
-San Francisco

I was extremely excited to go check this out because I had heard it was one of the bigger non-games competitions (like the OC Throwdown). Jason Khalipa was also listed in the competitors list and I was so excited to see an athlete of his level up close and competing. Blair Morrison also owns a few gyms that were competing. Unfortunately neither of them ended up competing this weekend but it was still very cool to watch. I figure they know they'll be competing in regionals and/or the games so they want to give their other guys a chance because only 1 open team was allowed per gym (along with 1 masters and 1 novice). Being at the competition live showed me how intense it is but I also felt like if I had been competing I wouldn't have completely embarassed myself, so I'm hoping to compete in it next year!
You just have to compete! Most of the big comps have a scaled division, its best to just jump into that! You will not regret it!

I did my first comp last year and was surprised how the intensity was raised and I shocked myself by climbing a rope for the first time (successfully)!

Just do it! Is it in you!!?? Im loving it!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #99
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
You just have to compete! Most of the big comps have a scaled division, its best to just jump into that! You will not regret it!

I did my first comp last year and was surprised how the intensity was raised and I shocked myself by climbing a rope for the first time (successfully)!

I plan on it! The competition did have a novice division and I think I could have done fine in it. Problem - it was a team thing and we didn't have 2 ladies ready to compete from our gym. Soon
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #100
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post

Milt, this just solidifies my already high opinion of you.