CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-13-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
Kurt Ronald Mueller

Profile:

even though I'm still learning about the best way to implement coconut oil into my diet, i must say that since beginning to consume coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut powder in rather generous proportions, i've lost 5 lbs of bodyfat. when i say i've been consuming massive amounts of coconut oil, i mean like adding 3 tablespoons of it to my dinner or drinking a whole can of coconut milk to help start off my day. i can always tell it's working because my heart beats just a little bit faster, i pespire just a teeny bit, and my workouts have increased in intensity when i've taken coconut powder in my pre-workout shake.

coconut oil/milk/powder immediately endured itself to me and has added itself as a staple in my arsenal. the fact that you can pick up cans for 69 cents at your local oriental market is also pretty awesome. if you haven't tried these coconut products, give it a shot... for me, it's worked out pretty well.

i'm still researching coconut products, especially as a post-workout recovery item.

Kurt
Old 03-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Taha Mohamedali

Profile:
Good stuff Kurt.
i'm doing the coconut thing myself.
Are you xfatting or not?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
Kurt Ronald Mueller

Profile:

I don't know whether or not you mean I'm CrossFitting or if I'm "Crossfatting," meaning doing the Zone prescription of 4-5x the fat blocks.

For the former question, the answer is an obvious yes just to cover that base. For the latter, the answer is I will be once I get down to under 10% and then start bumping up my fat blocks.

I'm right now researching coconut oil as well as beginning to do some research on butter.

I've read that one should get 4-8 tblspns per day.... getting the 4 is hard enough if you follow strict Zoning. Plus, I still want a health balance of poly & monunsaturated fats.

Kurt