CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Shane Steinert-Threlkeld

Profile:
How to train/stay fit with shoulder injury.

Last weekend, I fractured my right scapula (shoulder blade) in a bicycling accident. I have an Ultimate tournament in 3 weeks and had been getting in great shape this summer.

As of right now, I have little pain in the shoulder and almost full ROM. Obviously, any kind of weight lifting will likely hurt the shoulder blade.

This week, I've just been doing lunge walking and stationary bicycling. These are both noble enough, but I'm looking for some variety in the things I can do.

While walking the dog, I jogged for a little bit and didn't feel any pain. Not sure that sprinting is a good idea (especially with the rapid arm movements required).

I've been thinking about working on some lower-body plyometrics. Basically, doubt I can do pullups, pushups, any sort of presses, for a few weeks. Is there any way to keep up my upper body strength and fitness in general?