CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-12-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
David Wood

Profile:

Hello all:

I apologize if I'm being obnoxious in posting my results, and I'll stop if it generates no discussion (or if people I respect ask me to stop).

Mostly, I'm just really excited about the (slightly pathetic) results I'm getting. I have no illusion that my times / # of rounds / pound lifted / whatever are exemplary . . . I imagine that they're low average, at best, in this group.

Mostly, I'm posting because I'm curious how others fared (OK, to be honest, I want to know where I stand), and hope to stimulate some discussion.

Like I said, I'll shut up if there's no feedback, or negative feedback from particular parties that are worth listening to.

David Wood
Old 02-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
Patrick Johnston

Profile:
Keep posting! That is what this board is for. I don't know about others, but I get a lot of motivation from this site!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Robert Wolf

Profile:
No doubt! keep posting!
Old 02-13-2003, 05:51 AM   #4
Gary Ullery

Profile:
Yes, please keep posting! I find great motivation in reading everyone's results. It helps me to keep going, because I have a long way to go! But every little step is an improvement. Not to embarrass myself, but pull-ups have always been difficult, two months ago, I could barely do one! Now I can do three and getting stronger at them all the time (Of course dropping >20 lbs helps, and much more yet to drop!). Anyways, when people post how well (or bad) they do, it helps me out!
Old 02-13-2003, 09:11 AM   #5
Patrick Johnston

Profile:
Gary:

Don't feel bad. You will get there. Pull-ups were and continue to be a weakness for me. When I started, I was good for maybe 4. Now, I think that I could do 12-15 good ones. Keep up the good work and you will be doing the same if not better.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:28 AM   #6
Gary Ullery

Profile:
Thanks, I just keep moving forward! I have always favored working out legs than upper body, could always get more bang for the buck. However, since starting CF roughly two months ago, I have really enjoyed the variety of exercises and workouts! It is fun and exiting, but a whole lot of work. The results have been great, so there is no where to go but up!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:10 PM   #7
David Wood

Profile:

Thanks to all for the encouragement. I, too, get a lot out of seeing other people's achievements.

Someday, if I work real, real, hard . . . I'll be half as good as Robb Wolf (and a better man for it than I am now).

Dave