CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Kyle Feliberty

Profile:
Rogue "E" sled

Hey all, I'm looking to put an order in for about 4 of the Rogue "E" sleds and before I do I'm just looking for some input. They'll mostly be used out the back door of the facility on concrete. They claim to hold up to this well, but I'm curious if anyone has beat them up like this so far. I also notice they are pretty narrow. Has anyone had any tipping issues while pushing or pulling? thanks!!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Jose Sanchez

Profile:
Re: Rogue "E" sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Feliberty View Post
Hey all, I'm looking to put an order in for about 4 of the Rogue "E" sleds and before I do I'm just looking for some input. They'll mostly be used out the back door of the facility on concrete. They claim to hold up to this well, but I'm curious if anyone has beat them up like this so far. I also notice they are pretty narrow. Has anyone had any tipping issues while pushing or pulling? thanks!!
I know this thread is over a month old but anyone have input on the OP question about tipping.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

I don't have any experience, but tipping would be a concern of mine as well on the S-35E if I was going on anything but perfectly flat ground.

They did just come out with the S-25 Fat Boy to replace the old Westside sled. It's an extra $20 over the S-35E, but I would definitely choose it over the S-35E. The new S-25 has the fold-flat weight post too.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Peter Keller

Profile:

I borrowed a Rogue E Sled to test out (because of this thread!) I pulled it a bit and I have not had any tipping problems. It's a nicely designed pull sled, IMO.

Here's a quick vid of me pulling it into and out of my garage (wfs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOoYyuXpuM

I know this could be a sensitive post, since I own a competitor to Rogue, but I had access to a sled, and no one else was biting with any feedback.

Cheers!
Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Kyle Feliberty

Profile:

Thanks Peter, I waited two months but well worth the answer. Now get to designing something similar so I can reward you thanks again.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Did anyone buy the S-35E or S-25 Fat Boy? I'm probably going to finally pull the trigger on one of them.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

I have an S35 E and have used it a couple of times so far. The first time was on my sidewalk with 90lbs on it running sprints. It hit a spot where the concrete has a joint and popped the entire sled into the air. It landed and kept going without tipping. After that excitement I moved to the road and it hasn't "jumped" again. I don't know how you could push it, but pulling it doesn't seem to be a problem.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

Even the wider sleds with bump and jump if you are running over big enough bumps with the lighter weights.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Collin Day

Profile:

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I've used both the "E" sled and the S-25 and didn't experience any tipping. The E sled was used at my gym where we have a paved walkway behind our building bordered by small (quarter sized) gravel. As you can imagine, many rocks find their way onto the walkway. I've pulled the E sled fast and slow and have never experienced any tipping (that thought actually never crossed my mind). At worst, a rock gets stuck under there and makes the sled pull even more painful. Like all rogue products, the sleds are built like tanks.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Thoughts on the dogsled?