CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Kent Newland
Member Kent Newland is offline
 
Kent Newland's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bellaire  MI
Posts: 307
Re: Edited

Is this devil's food cake with triple chocolate frosting paleo if I made it with almond flour and agave syrup?
__________________
A Resource for Martial Arts and Fitness (WFS)
http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/
 
Old 08-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
Clint Harris
Member Clint Harris is offline
 
Clint Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta  GA
Posts: 815
Re: Edited

I'm looking for a good supplement for my current diet. I currently take a protein shake for PWO and breakfast, and two additional shakes on M/W/F when I workout extra hard. I have another one just before bed and then another for a midnight snack so I don't go catabolic. I want to build mussels so I think I need to supplement my diet some more.

m/22/5'1"/220 | BS: 115 | SP: 185 | DL: 200 | Fran 17:58 | Clean: 75
 
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
John C Corona
Member John C Corona is offline
 
John C Corona's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Palm Bay  FL
Posts: 730
Re: Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
I'm looking for a good supplement for my current diet. I currently take a protein shake for PWO and breakfast, and two additional shakes on M/W/F when I workout extra hard. I have another one just before bed and then another for a midnight snack so I don't go catabolic. I want to build mussels so I think I need to supplement my diet some more.

m/22/5'1"/220 | BS: 115 | SP: 185 | DL: 200 | Fran 17:58 | Clean: 75
u pretty much read my mind...

but other than adding some fish oil, I need to really know your goals 1st. Whats your current workout routine? You also might need a well-worth semi aggressive knurled rogue bar which is lifetime gaurenteed, pendlay bumpers from coupon-coded wayfair. If you want things to last longer, 3/4" stall mats from tractor supply, though dropping on concrete will be ok for the concrete. 4 of them will fit in a small car per trip, or rent a truck, then mount rings or stud bar into ceiling joists so you can kip. You might want to run some fans to beat the heat, humidity, and mosqitos. Oh yeah, Datsusara bags, and spun performance compression gear are the best!!
__________________
37/M/5'10"/170.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #34
Matt Thomas
Banned Matt Thomas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando  FL
Posts: 3,648
Re: Edited

Did you guys see the latest Rich Froning vid? I noticed he buys Charmin Ultra Soft so obviously I switched to Charmin as well. Not only do I chafe less now, but I've taken two minutes off my Fran time.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
Clint Harris
Member Clint Harris is offline
 
Clint Harris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta  GA
Posts: 815
Re: Edited

@John, can I drive my car on those mats once installed ?
 
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
John C Corona
Member John C Corona is offline
 
John C Corona's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Palm Bay  FL
Posts: 730
Re: Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
Did you guys see the latest Rich Froning vid? I noticed he buys Charmin Ultra Soft so obviously I switched to Charmin as well. Not only do I chafe less now, but I've taken two minutes off my Fran time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
@John, can I drive my car on those mats once installed ?
LMFAO
__________________
37/M/5'10"/170.
 
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #37
Coy Bethel
Member Coy Bethel is offline
 
Coy Bethel's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Madison  WI
Posts: 53
Re: Edited

If you all could be serious for a minute...

Is doing the main site WOD enough? Or should I add in some additional strength work? I am trying to work on my running. Should I do that before or after the WOD, and in between the strength work, or after, then do the running between?
 
Old 08-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #38
Andrew Bell
Member Andrew Bell is offline
 
Andrew Bell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston  TX
Posts: 4,021
Re: Edited

I want to do starting strength but I want to add in met con's, and the oly lifts. I also want to do some gymnastic skill work.

Currently I lift 4 days a week, and do Met con's 6 days a week. The 7th day I just do some stuff like double unders for 20 minutes, followed by an 18 mile hike through steep terrain while wearing a 70lb body vest, you know, nothing hard.

I have been training like this for 7 months straight (I figure if main site doesn't deload why should I?) and my strength numbers keep going down, and my wod times keep going up.

Should I eat less? What supplements do I need? Should I add in sled work somewhere on top of my hybrid SS method?
__________________
| Log (wfs) |
 
Old 08-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #39
Matt Thomas
Banned Matt Thomas is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando  FL
Posts: 3,648
Re: Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
I want to do starting strength but I want to add in met con's, and the oly lifts. I also want to do some gymnastic skill work.

Currently I lift 4 days a week, and do Met con's 6 days a week. The 7th day I just do some stuff like double unders for 20 minutes, followed by an 18 mile hike through steep terrain while wearing a 70lb body vest, you know, nothing hard.

I have been training like this for 7 months straight (I figure if main site doesn't deload why should I?) and my strength numbers keep going down, and my wod times keep going up.

Should I eat less? What supplements do I need? Should I add in sled work somewhere on top of my hybrid SS method?

I would deffinitely look into some fish oil. That should just about take care of it.
 
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #40
Mike Johnson
Member Mike Johnson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix  AZ
Posts: 439
Re: Edited

I don't have a lot of money and only have a 35lb pink kettlebell. Can I sub kb swings for squats, deadlifts, bench, press, snatches, cleans, kipping pull ups and tire flips. Does it intuit that if I can do 561 swings at a HR of 180, that I can put up a 1,200lb total at a resting HR.
 
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strength Wraps vs Wrist Wraps John Wallace Equipment 4 06-11-2012 04:50 AM
Wrist Wraps Matt Thomas Equipment 5 11-26-2011 12:39 PM
Wrist wraps/Rogue wrist wraps? Daniel Frankel Equipment 55 08-21-2011 06:05 PM
wrist wraps Michael D Hillis Fitness 12 08-13-2011 10:53 AM
Wrist Wraps Dan Bonitatibus Equipment 4 07-27-2011 07:41 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.