CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Gregory Field

Profile:
mental motivation

Hello,
Well i have a very simple yet trouble some problem and yet i hope all the wonderful crossfitters out here can give me and helping hand. So first a little about me, I have my level 1 cert and am a current coach at a crossfit gym. I have been crossfitting for 4 years now, off and on due to deployments and minor injurys. Well to my question I crossfit twice a day in the morning i have a great training partner/coach that does skill work, mwod, and strength traing with me, but due to my work i dont have the time to do the WODS with him. So in the afternoon i come back to do my WOD but the problem is i have trouble getting motivated to do the WOD by my self, sure there are more people in the box at the same time but non of them are following the same WODS as the few of us. So i either do more skill work or i just end up coaching others. Does anyone have a fix for poor mental motivation? I get the other guys times and everything but without someone there to verbaly push and someone to workout with i just feel like i half *** wods. so any help will be more the welcomed
Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Doug Blankenship

Profile:
Re: mental motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Field View Post
Hello,
Well i have a very simple yet trouble some problem and yet i hope all the wonderful crossfitters out here can give me and helping hand. So first a little about me, I have my level 1 cert and am a current coach at a crossfit gym. I have been crossfitting for 4 years now, off and on due to deployments and minor injurys. Well to my question I crossfit twice a day in the morning i have a great training partner/coach that does skill work, mwod, and strength traing with me, but due to my work i dont have the time to do the WODS with him. So in the afternoon i come back to do my WOD but the problem is i have trouble getting motivated to do the WOD by my self, sure there are more people in the box at the same time but non of them are following the same WODS as the few of us. So i either do more skill work or i just end up coaching others. Does anyone have a fix for poor mental motivation? I get the other guys times and everything but without someone there to verbaly push and someone to workout with i just feel like i half *** wods. so any help will be more the welcomed

So, you can mentally push other people but cannot push yourself? That's odd. My advice is to suck it up and try to better yourself.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
Erin Hightower

Profile:
Re: mental motivation

Funny how that works right?
You are more apt to give yourself a break than anyone else.
But I have been on multiple health and fitness boards in my five years of finding my better self and the motivation question comes up EVERY time. The best advice is.... we can't help you. Only you can mentally motivate yourself...

Just figure it out and motivate yourself... or realize that you may not want it bad enough yet.

p.s. I'm an at-home zero box crossfit wannabee... if anyone knows what you are talking about it's me. But I had to decide that I wanted to do this workout and I wanted to do it for ME.

Last edited by Erin Hightower : 04-21-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: soften and clarify