CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #511
Jon Gonzalez

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Kissam View Post
I spent the last 2 days reading all 51 pages of this thread.

I've flirted with the idea of paleo for months. I finally decided to give it a hardcore shot last Monday 9/21 and have only cheated once, which wasn't my fault... I was made a sandwich for lunch that day and I didn't want to argue because the person who made it would've gotten irritated

But I feel great. Absolutely. I beat my PR on Cindy this afternoon. Last time I did it was 17 rds with basically jumping pull ups and today I did 18 with regular pull ups.

Some ideas I've had for food: Buy a package of beef jerky, almonds and dried cranberries. I put it in a container in my closet and put it in bags to bring for after workouts. I'm sure the jerky has a little bad stuff but I can't complain, it's really good. I've got a lot more ideas I invented this week that I'll post later.

One thing I know for sure, paleo is how I will eat for as far as I can see into the future.
Congrats, as far as the last part you can buy that "mix" already premade from Paleokits, unless you were just trying to make your own version of it.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:47 AM   #512
Marissa Owens

Profile:

Here are my before and after photos from my 30 day challenge. I'll be sure to take more pictures in another 30 days since I'm going to continue eating paleo. The first two were taken at the end of August, after almost 2 months of CrossFit (I should've gotten some before pictures in July but I'm sure I can find a picture somewhere from that time). In 30 days, I lost 6 pounds (says the scale anyways, probably was more but I leaned out) and at least a pant size. And I didn't go hungry. Paleo plus some hard work at the gym is all it takes.

Don't mind me in the pictures, in both sets I hadn't showered yet...

Last edited by Marissa Owens : 03-29-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #513
Natalie Dent

Profile:

Wow Marissa thats awesome! Makes me wish I took before and after pics!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #514
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Congrats Marissa!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #515
Brian Strump

Profile:

Try baking garbanzo beans for a snack.
Rinse and dry first.
Add 2-3 tbs of olive oil, and season.
Lay them on baking sheet on oven for 30-45mins, at 375, or until crunchy.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #516
Darryl Shaw

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Dent View Post
Hey everyone! I have been following this thread and am on day 26 of the challenge. Just wanted to say that while I have not lost weight, I have lost at least 1 inch around my waist, and also hips. Abs are getting really defined, my husband actually said "your waist is tiny," and has commented on how great my complexion looks. I sleep awesome at night, and my wod's and xfit endurance is going great. I just feel really strong and I am loving it.

I almost don't want the challenge to end because its nice having an excuse to not eat things The challenge worked for me because I really don't like letting myself down if I commit to something, so I am thinking I will stick to eating this way.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Can we keep the arguments for and against paleo out of this thread? If you dont agree with the diet, start another thread.
I'm sorry, I just can't stop myself sometimes......

Maybe this will make up for things - http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/81/2/341 (wfs)
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #517
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
Try baking garbanzo beans for a snack.
Rinse and dry first.
Add 2-3 tbs of olive oil, and season.
Lay them on baking sheet on oven for 30-45mins, at 375, or until crunchy.
beans are not paleo
Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #518
Jon Gonzalez

Profile:

Well I'm getting back on the wagon, I tried stocking up my fridge with good paleo foods. I did fairly well, although I'm limited to foods I can cook in the microwave. So I have eggs, veggies in steam bags, premade guacamole, fruits, orange juice, water and Nestea (unsweetened). I also bought some microwaveable meats, although not grass fed or the best of meats, it's what's available to me. I also bought Jerky for a snack along with walnuts. The Jerky is quite salty and has a weird flavor. I went for the best one I could find, and yet it's still made with sugar, soy sauce and some other chemicals. Looks like I'll need to buy some food online.

*Edit* So it seems all "organic" Jerky places I found online include sugar in their Jerky, even on the "original". I'll just get the Paleo kits.

Last edited by Jon Gonzalez : 09-28-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #519
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gonzalez View Post
Well I'm getting back on the wagon, I tried stocking up my fridge with good paleo foods. I did fairly well, although I'm limited to foods I can cook in the microwave. So I have eggs, veggies in steam bags, premade guacamole, fruits, orange juice, water and Nestea (unsweetened). I also bought some microwaveable meats, although not grass fed or the best of meats, it's what's available to me. I also bought Jerky for a snack along with walnuts. The Jerky is quite salty and has a weird flavor. I went for the best one I could find, and yet it's still made with sugar, soy sauce and some other chemicals. Looks like I'll need to buy some food online.

*Edit* So it seems all "organic" Jerky places I found online include sugar in their Jerky, even on the "original". I'll just get the Paleo kits.
Paleo Kits are great, the beef jerky in it tastes really good and has no preservatives or sugar.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #520
Randy Hill

Profile:

I am trying to get some of my family members started on paleo. Do you guys have any reccomendations for someone with diabetes, specifically?

They said they're willing to give it a try, so that's good. Unfortunately I can't be there to "supervise" it, being on the other side of the world and all, but any change so far is a good one!