CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Michael Hu

Profile:
The ZONE/PALEO breakfast,lunch,dinner, snack you find yourself making the most

What are some of the breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack you find yourself making the most? Something that's most convenient for you, and less time consuming.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Re: The ZONE/PALEO breakfast,lunch,dinner, snack you find yourself making the most

Usually its eggs in the morning with a piece of meat and some fruit. Two meals for the day. Lately its been a huge bowl of cooked veggies (brocolli, red/organge/green peppers/califlower/mushrooms mixed up with a can of Trader Joes Wild Salman (packed with around 75 grams of proteins and 20 grams of good fat) topped with spices and a medium size apple with each of the two meals. Dinner is always different, but always includes a lean protein source, some more good fats and lots of veggies (usually make a big salad for dinner for my wife and I). Oh yeah, a day is not complete without a serving of dark chocolate (can't neglect to mention that part).
Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
John S Park

Profile:
Re: The ZONE/PALEO breakfast,lunch,dinner, snack you find yourself making the most

my quickest meal is probably breakfast..

depends on the day. sometimes I eat berries or sometimes I steam veggies along with eggs

I steam almost all of my veggies and just cook a piece of meat on the side. then throw it all together and grub with my hands

I have a variety of veggies in my fridge so I just rotate and throw in whatever I feel like that day. I usually just throw some oil and pepper on my greens or cook them in coconut oil
Old 05-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S Park View Post
my quickest meal is probably breakfast..

depends on the day. sometimes I eat berries or sometimes I steam veggies along with eggs

I steam almost all of my veggies and just cook a piece of meat on the side. then throw it all together and grub with my hands

I have a variety of veggies in my fridge so I just rotate and throw in whatever I feel like that day. I usually just throw some oil and pepper on my greens or cook them in coconut oil
Just curious what veggies do you normally cook up?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Jeff Dale

Profile:

Snacks are usually:
F-almonds or peanut butter
C-apple - orange - banana
P-tuna - chicken - deli meat
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Jorge Javier Wilsterman

Profile:

For breakfast I have been eating two eggs almost daily for a while. Should I worry about cholesterol?
I do eat either some oatmeal or fruit with the eggs. But whether as an omelette, scrambled, or sunny side up, I seem to be eating eggs every day!

Haven't really come up with a good, easy protein alternative.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Joe Bernard

Profile:

I've been eating eggs everyday for a long time for breakfast. I have four of them and they are egg beaters. If the eggs you are eating are with the yolk Jorge, you might want to try to eat egg whites/beaters (some substitute egg) for half of the week because there's arachidonic acid in egg yolks, which is a bad thing to have alot of in your body according to Dr. Sears. I forget why (and I can't find my book at the moment) but I know that a disease or two can be a result of elevated levels of arachidonic acid.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
Bonny Guang

Profile:

Definitely breakfast. I experimented a little bit as I tend to hate monotony but I can't make anything except for 2 fried eggs for breakfast. Top it with a peanut butter and applesauce spread and also drink a cup of milk. Love it.

Lunch is usually a hideously simple affair too, I buy either a bag of spinach or head of lettuce, make a giant tupperware container of it on Sunday. The I buy cucumbers, green peppers, red peppers, whatever, chop them up and put them in tupperware containers. Grill 2 chicken breasts, which makes 4 4 oz servings. Sometimes steak or pork. Make a maple mustard vinaigrette. Every morning I just mix up the vegetables that go into my lunchbox, drizzle it with the dressing, throw in my chicken breast. 2 minutes. Good to go.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

My most common snack is 2 blocks: 4 oz of lowfat plain yogurt, 2 macedamia nuts and 1 serving of fruit. I thought I was a Zoner for the last 3 months.....and I am.....but just figured out that the way I Zone makes me more Zone/Paleo. I only eat fruit and vegetable, all mostly raw, nuts, and lean cuts of protien, usually being like 98% deli meat, but every so often I'll have a steak, and breakfast is alway 6 egg whites and 3 slices of turkey bacon with tomatoes a little salsa and some fruit and nuts.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
John S Park

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
Just curious what veggies do you normally cook up?
My favorites and most common are Broccoli + Spinach + Asparagus (I love these, but NOTHING beats steamed BROCCOLI when it is soft and warm!!)

but I also use cucumbers, yellow squash, beets, onions, kale, carrots, lettuce, cabbage (KIM CHEE), chard, cauliflowers, artichoke

TIP: If you eat Dairy, get some Raw cheese, slice 1-3 oz and stir fry on top of your veggies.. cook in coconut oil or olive oil (at least 2 tsp so the cheese doesn't stick to the pan).. I have grass fed beef or liver so I just put my meat and veggies in a skillet on low heat, put on the cover, and come back in a couple minutes to flip.. great with herbs/spices

Makes for an incredibly delicious, cheesy dish

Last edited by John S Park : 05-16-2008 at 11:54 PM.