CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Daniel Carney

Profile:
[face=arial,helvetica][/face]
Hi all,
This is my first posting. I've waited a while to post anything, so this going to be a bit lengthy. I would like to introduce myself to the community, aske a couple of questions, and I'm trying to find other CrossFit (CF) athletes in the area.

My wife and I moved from Boulder, CO to Missoula, MT in July 2005. I was introduced to CF in August. I'm so amazed by the results that I can never go back to the way I trained myself or my clients.

I'm currently a trainer at a 50,000 sq.ft. facility. It's an amazing place and the owner is very open to my enthusiasm and ideas for outfitting our Club for CF training. In fact, last week we received the climbing rope that is now hanging from the 21 foot ceiling over the basketball court. And, if all goes well, we will have an O'lifting area this summer.

My first son was born Nov 11, and I was both elated at his arrival, and bummed that I missed the Golden, CO CrossFit cert. However, I will be attending the one this February. I am excited to have the opportunity to meet so many of the athletes I have come only to know through the CF website.

Now to the questions: I am an independant contractor at the Club and have been advertising my group classes as High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). My individual clients, the staff, and anyone that stands around talking to me long enough knows that I believe CF is the way. They watch me doing the CF WOD, they ask me questions, they think it's cool, they want some. I've read all threads regarding CF affiliates and becoming a CF facility, and I'm still uncertain. Can I offer CrossFit to the members of the Club or do I need to continue advertising it as HIIT? If not, once I have completed the CF certification this February, will I be able to offer CrossFit, and will I need to pay the $500/yr. affiliate fee?

Final question: In a WOD archive there was a photograph of "Eric O', the future of CrossFit Montana" anyone know where he is and how I can contact him?

Lastly, I have a small group of family and friends sporadically meeting for CrossFit workouts. We had 8 show up January 1st for CrossFit followed by BBQ and Guinness. My home facility (read garage gym) will be operational by the end of the month. I would like to meet and train with other CrossFit athletes in the area. And, if anyone is ever passing through, or would like to visit, please contact me.

Cheers!