CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
Stacy Sells

Profile:
Re: Biggest Loser

Something like that is exactly what I was talking about. Most of the ones that were shown in that article were within 40lbs of their finale weights. You would hope that they would continue progressing though. I would guess though that 10-20 lbs of water weight would come back on almost instantly so it seems to me that they have done a pretty decent job of keeping the majority of the weight off. I think it comes down to will power for most, "do I want to be lighter and healthier enough to sacrifice my slothful habits". Sustainability is harder for some than it is for others as well, but I think any one can take it off and keep it if they want too bad enough.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #22
Matthew Eucalitto

Profile:
Re: Biggest Loser

Some of the "rebound" thats been reported has actually turned out to be adding 20 or 30 pounds after the show ended. Alot of this was because the contestants did all cardio to get their weight as low as possible to win. When they left, some of them put on alot of muscle. Some of the people the news reports pointed to look MUCH better after their "rebound"...they started eating and trying to maintain a HEALTHY weight.

Some of them just got huge again..but most of the ones who went far have kept alot of it off.

= And somehow i missed the post directly above mine that said the EXACT same thing