CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #341
Delita Wright

Profile:
Re: Chantal's Workout Log

Sounds like a lot of work to me - maybe you don't want to get a car. ;-)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #342
Rebecca Ralls

Profile:

Your grocery excursion definitely sounds like a workout to me!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #343
Matt Bahen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Ralls View Post
Your grocery excursion definitely sounds like a workout to me!
..I say forget the car! Bikes are cheaper and no gas (well, most times anyway )! You're an animal for biking 30 klicks AND doing 3 rounds of Barbara!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #344
Chantal Brien

Profile:
3x 95lb (DLx15 + HPCx12 + FSx9 + PJx6)

, just to clarify, clicks up north where I am are kilometers and not miles so I only biked 15 miles yesterday, not 30.

Thanks Patrick - my legs were on your side with the whole workout plus biking thing. The reason I biked that far was to get to church and volunteering at the Humane Society so I may have to rethink working out on Sundays... At the moment I do plan on going until the weather gets colder. Last year the snow got thigh high in places sometimes...I don't think I'm going to attempt to bike through that...maybe a pair of snowshoes are in order.

Thanks Delita and welcome to my log. That was part of my line of thinking behind getting only a bike, so far so good! (PS I'm rooting for you and the others over at the deadhang society keep up the good work)

Thanks Rebecca, it sure feels like one when I'm dragging everything up the hill! I may start working out on my way into town (the gym has showers) because I certainly don't feel like it after.

Thanks Matt - I'm not sure what's more expensive, gas or the absurd amout of food I eat!

I decided to use the full women's weight of 95lbs for this one but scaled down from big dawgs and only did 3 rounds. It took me 26:36 (or 16:36, I'm not sure which - but it felt brutal enough to be 26 min). The deadlifts were great - I was able to them all in one set on the last round even! The hang power cleans were more brutal then I anticipated and ironically, the front squats (a lift I normally struggle with) weren't as hard as I thought they'd be at all. I was able to do these in one set on the last round too. The push jerks were kindof middle of the road - 95lbs isn't that far from my 1RM and it took some serious mental effort to put that weight overhead when I knew I was tired...
Old 10-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #345
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

If you're travelling over open ground, you should consider a set of cross-country skis. Way more fun than snowshoes and you can move way faster with less effot.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #346
Matt Bahen

Profile:
Re: 3x 95lb (DLx15 + HPCx12 + FSx9 + PJx6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal Brien View Post
I decided to use the full women's weight of 95lbs for this one but scaled down from big dawgs and only did 3 rounds. It took me 26:36 (or 16:36, I'm not sure which - but it felt brutal enough to be 26 min). The deadlifts were great - I was able to them all in one set on the last round even! The hang power cleans were more brutal then I anticipated and ironically, the front squats (a lift I normally struggle with) weren't as hard as I thought they'd be at all. I was able to do these in one set on the last round too. The push jerks were kindof middle of the road - 95lbs isn't that far from my 1RM and it took some serious mental effort to put that weight overhead when I knew I was tired...
I say spend the $$$ on food and screw the gas companies! Seriously, great work on that WOD! I like the fact you pushed yourself mentally and stuck that 95lbs overhead!

I like Patrick's idea of cross-country skis!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #347
Chantal Brien

Profile:
Ruck March

I'm with you Patrick on skis being a lot of fun, I think snowshoes will be better for me to get in to work with though...

Thanks Matt!

I decided to skip the weighted pullups yesterday as I did a ruckmarch in the morning. I was greatly ammused when the CO had us do squats with the rucks on and declared that half sqauts were "weenie-squats" and didn't count. I had been planning on doing the weighted pullups in the evening, but my ears started hurting and then my throat while I was at work so I decided to take it easy for the night.

Overall I'm really liking my new job, but there's sooo much candy around and I suck at resisting it when it's freely offered. I've been really happy with my diet while I'm at home and with the lunches I pack, but I definately don't need all the sugar-loaded junk at work. On the upside, I submitted a request for a pullup bar in the office and I think it might be approved .
Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #348
Alix Clark

Profile:

Chantal - nice work on using 95# for that killer WOD this week. Not sure I could do the push jerks with that weight but am up for giving it go. Will need to set aside some though!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #349
Rebecca Ralls

Profile:

Wow - a pull-up bar in the office? Neat concept!

Take care and don't get sick!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:01 AM   #350
Matt Bahen

Profile:
Re: Ruck March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal Brien View Post
...snip...I decided to skip the weighted pullups yesterday as I did a ruckmarch in the morning. I was greatly ammused when the CO had us do squats with the rucks on and declared that half sqauts were "weenie-squats" and didn't count. I had been planning on doing the weighted pullups in the evening, but my ears started hurting and then my throat while I was at work so I decided to take it easy for the night.

...snip...On the upside, I submitted a request for a pullup bar in the office and I think it might be approved .
at "weenie-squats" comment! Sounds like your CO has tasted the kool-aid! It's great to work around like-minded people who understand that a physically fit soldier/sailor/airman/marine is one of the best weapons in the arsenal!

Which explains the AWESOME thought of a pull-up bar in the office! I think I'm gonna have to try that at work here!