CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
Eric Blodgett

Profile:
Re: Get Rx'd Guillotine

I just got my 8 foot guillotine rack. It is a great rack for the money. I am 6'4" 210 lbs and the rack is very stable when doing pullups. One thing i like is the plate storage on the back side. Throw some bumper plates down and the rack doesn't move. Assembly is simple. The only issue i had was the same as already posted. The reinforcement steel plates for the outside of the pullup bars are drilled a little small for the bolts. This is a quick fix if you own a drill. The holes aren't off by much. I didn't even think about using the spotter arms and dip horns for nuetral pullups...thanks for the idea. I am using this rack in my garage gym and very pleased.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Eric Blodgett

Profile:

I should add that I put my 8ft. Guillotine together with the fat pull-up bar only. That thing is a bear on your grip. I love it. It's not so bad for pull-ups, but I if you do a workout with toes-to-bar you are also going to get one hell of a forearm pump.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

Heres my setup for the pull up bars. If you own a dremel, its a pretty quick job to cut the plates in half.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130313_135511.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	12001  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #24
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

Ordered mine last week. Hope to get it soon and I'll do a quick review of it and post it up as well.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
Anjali Patwari

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post
Ordered mine last week. Hope to get it soon and I'll do a quick review of it and post it up as well.
How much did you pay for shipping? Trying to compare vs. the OneFitWonder Squat + Pullup Rack (http://www.fringesport.com/collectio...at-pullup-rack wfs).
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #26
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

Quote:
How much did you pay for shipping? Trying to compare vs. the OneFitWonder Squat + Pullup Rack (http://www.fringesport.com/collectio...at-pullup-rack wfs).
I paid $121 frieght shipping. I also looked at the Fringe rack. I love Fringe and Peter and his crew are great. I actually bought #500 lbs of bumpers from them earlier this year!

Some of the things I liked about the Guillotine over the Fringe rack were the longer spotter arms, the pegs for band work, the option to put the pegs on the spotter arms to do dips.

I also looked at the Rogue SML-2 Monster Lite. The problem was once I added in the spotter arms, mounting kit, shipping etc. It came out to $740 bucks. I paid $480 total for the Guillotine. That's a $260 dollar difference and that's going to go towards the Skierg machine I'm looking to get.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #27
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

I noticed your in Austin Texas. Not sure what the gas prices are down there but your only probably less than a 2 1/2 hr drive to Houston where GET Rx is located and you could go pick it up. Just sayin.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
Dan Perkins

Profile:

I'm interested in hearing how well those pegs work for dips. My current gym has the rogue racks and a matador dip station which I really like but this rack would be much cheaper than a Rogue squat stand + safety arms + matador
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #29
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

I'll post pics up and do a review when I get it. It literally shipped today so I'm hoping to have it early next week.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #30
Anjali Patwari

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post
I noticed your in Austin Texas. Not sure what the gas prices are down there but your only probably less than a 2 1/2 hr drive to Houston where GET Rx is located and you could go pick it up. Just sayin.
Band work doesn't really make it into my programming and I like ring dips over bar dips. Plus, the Fringe rack is a single bar, so bar muscle-ups!!