CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Jeremie Page

Profile:
Rx'd or Not

Hi guys just wanted some feedback on this. Just wondering if I should stick with Rx'd or use slightly lighter. I can do Rx'd about 80% of the time but my times are suffering from it...

Usually this would not bug me mutch but I am playing competitive sports and the season is starting, im looking more for speed/recovery/endurance.

So if i lower the weight to a point where i can keep my wods constant and intense (little to no breathers) im guessing it would be better for my goals.

M/21/6'/155#

Examples
11.1. 4rds 12snatch
11.2. 8rds 11bj
11.3. 1rd
11.4. 60burpee+12 OHS
11.5. 7rds+2cleans
11.6 75reps
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Joshua Gritton

Profile:
Re: Rx'd or Not

If you feel its better for your goals try it. I started out scaling and quickly got to the point where I can do 'Rx' -shudders- on all workouts besides king kong. But I am almost there so no biggie.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Michael White

Profile:

What sports are you playing. 6' and only 155 seems pretty light to me for most sports (admitted I have little knowledge outside of football and wrestling)

Only 1 round on the Clean and Jerk WoD tells me a little extra strength work would be good unless of course strength is not a requirement for your sport. I personally cannot think of any that wouldn't benefit from some gains in your strength. ( based on the clean and jerk number only for all I know it could be a technique issue and not a strength issue)

A little more info on what sports you are starting and what specifically your goals are would go a long ways in helping us help you.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Jeremie Page

Profile:

Thanks for the replies, em I play xball (its a competitive format of paintball), not very well known but wtv.

Physical needs are pretty mutch quick short sprints, games are 2x25min half's, 2-3games in a day at an event. Get a 2min break between points to recover. It can add up to quite a few points in a game/day. I find i slow down alot later in the games, thats what i need to improve.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Jay Mulder

Profile:

When looking at scaling, you should consider if it is going to change the intention of the workout without a loss in intensity. Is the intention to be a long chipper or a quick sprint? Stay within the intention but try to push your capabilities. A good example is the 11.3, it is intended to be a fairly heavy but force work for the full amrap, and that was lost on you.