CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:
Anders' log

Hi there!

A little about myself:
25 years old
From Copenhagen, Denmark
Crossfitting since summer 2007
185cm/6'1"
82kg/181lbs
This is my first log (that will last longer than a week - hopefully)

Stats:
(none of these are 1rm - just the heaviest i've done for a heavy rep)
BS: 137,5kg/304lbs
FS: 100kg/220lbs
OHS: 72,5kg/159lbs
DL: 145kg/319lbs
Press: 63kg/139lbs
PP: 90kg/198lbs (behind the neck)
BP: 90kg/198lbs
PC: 78kg/172lbs
SC: 85kg/187lbs
Snatch: 65kg/143lbs

I have no stats of my metcon, thats is partly because i have never written them down and partly because i often have trained without a timer.

I'm starting this log because i really want to start logging my fitness, and by sharing it with the world, i'll hopefully commit to it

I anyone reads this, please share your thoughts - should you have any.

Today is a rest day so i'll start of by accouting for yesterday's session.

Saturday 11th of August
Visiting the in-laws with my girlfriend at the countryside in Jutland. Felt a little heavy (problably due to some excellent red wine friday evening)
Jogged to the local stadium and did:
10 mins of mobility (KStar-style)
15 mins of dynamic warmup (Squats, Lunges, Pushups, Pullups, situps, backex, handstandwalks, jogging)

Workout:
12min amrap
400m
8 Wall burpees (think 2010 final event burpee over a chest high wall)

I ended up with 5 rounds and 2 burpees.
Quite satisfied with that, don't know how it stacks up in comparison with others, but the intensity was definately high and i layed it all out there.

Jogged back home and ate a delicious egg-bacon-avacado breakfast

I'll return monday evening, take care
/Anders
Old 08-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:
Re: Anders' log

Well... I ended up training anyways

Did a bunch squat cleans at Crossfit Copenhagen (www.crossfit.dk safe for work), some ring push ups, and a short metcon

I did:
30 x 1 Squat cleans (from 40kg/88lbs to 81kg/179lbs)
Worked mostly on technique. 75-81kg got heavy but i was not my maxing out. I'm still catching the bar above squat depth, so they were basically powercleans with a frontsquat.
---
5x10 Push up in rings
I always have 1-2 weaknesses i focus on. At the moment it's pushups and rope climbs.
Basically it means, that I incorporate push ups or rope climbs in all of my training sessions these days.
Push ups can be dynamic, ring, clapping, regular, whatever....
Rope climbs are with different techniques. I focus on the weaknesses until they aren't weaknesses anymore
---
2 amraps of 4mins (2 minute break between)
1 Clean&jerk @ 50kg/111lbs
1 Burpee-pullup
2 Burpee-pullups
3 Burpee-pullups...

1st round: 5 rounds + 1 C/J + 5 B-P
2nd round: 6 rounds flat
I felt really tired before the last metcon and it ended up beeing a massive suckfest! The simple workouts are always the worst!

Rest day tomorrow (i promise)

After a shower i met with some friends for coffee in sunny Copenhagen. Great sunday!

/Anders

Edit: spelling

Last edited by Anders Alkaersig; 08-21-2011 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Edit: spelling
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Here’s today’s session, done after breakfast (Sumatra coffee, apples with peanut butter☺ and milk) and some of the usual various-crossfit-homepages-browsing ☺

Done at a rather empty Crossfit Copenhagen.

Today’s work:
Deadlift – sets of 5-5-3-3-1-1 @ 100kg-110kg-115-kg-120kg-125kg-130kg (from 220lbs-287lbs)

In the rest periods between sets, i did 3 wall climbers and 15 hand release push ups – both of the exercises for 5 sets. No intensity intended for these to exercises, just playing around.

Rested about 15 minutes and ended the sessions with a couplet:
3 x
Row 500m
20 Wall Balls (20lbs to a 3,5m/11,8 feet)
My time: 9mins 45secs

I suck at wall balls.

Biked home and ate lunch with my mate. I had some scrambled eggs, hummus and a nectarine (and some delicious Sumatra Gayo Coffee).

Take care!

/Anders
Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Played the season's first football (the real kind) match today. I'm not even going to mention the result.

I'm goalkeeper, so apart from Kstar-style strechting and a dynamic warm up with som running and goalkeeper-related stuff, I did not tax my body too much.

I'll count it as a rest day.

Looking forward to tommorow... shoulder press - ***** yeah!

Last edited by Anders Alkaersig; 08-24-2011 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

My training buddy, Kræn just got home from 3 weeks of vacation.

Yesterday’s training ended up like this:
Shoulder press 8-6-4-2 @ 45kg-50kg-50kg-55kg (from 100lbs to 121)

I only got 5 reps on the 6rep round. RAGE!
Instead i did 6 on the 4rep round. ***** Yeah!

Between rounds we played around with some Bulgarian split squats. Haven’t done these too much, so they weren’t heavy. I think the last round was 5 reps each leg with around 40kg/88lbs.

After a short break we did the following metcon:
15 Dead lifts @ 90kg/198lbs

Then 3 rounds of
250m row
10 Burpees
5 Front squats @ 70kg/154lbs

Then
15 Dead lifts @ 90kg/198lbs

Kræn beat me by 10sec. RAGE!

My time was 10mins 28secs.

Have a good weekend!

/Anders
Old 08-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Woke up quite sore today, but since my day wasn’t too booked (semester hasn’t started yet) I swung by Crossfit Copenhagen.
I did almost an hour of stretching, mobility, and dynamic warm up. It felt good, can’t remember the last time I had a session like that.

After nearly an hour, my body felt ready to do some real work. Sort of.
I did 15 reps (with approx. 90sec rest between) of power cleans. The weights went from 65kg/143lbs to 78kg/172lbs.
I’m quite satisfied with that. The lifts didn’t feel to heavy and i have a feeling, that i might be able to hit a rep at around 87,5-90kg. That’d be cool ☺

Meeting some friends tonight for beers and burgers – so tomorrow will probably be a rest day.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday I woke up after only 5 hours of sleep. Quite hung over. My buddy, Kræn convinced me to do a session with him. Given the circumstances, it went pretty well.

After our warm up we did the following:

6 sets of Powerclean-hang power clean- front squat- front squat-front squat.

My top set was at 75kg/166lbs. Satisfied.

After that we played around with handstand push-ups. We used 3 exercises from Carl Paoli’s gymnastics WOD.

I finished off with a 2k row @ 2:00min/500m. Easy.

Kræn did
3 x
500m row
20 thrusters @ 30kg/66lbs

He busted out a 9mins 20sec. Wow!

Went to bed early!

Today’s workout consisted of 4 hours of manual labour. Carrying washing machines up and down from 4th floor and carrying concrete from the basement. Hell Yeah☺

Last edited by Anders Alkaersig; 08-28-2011 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-30-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday’s training was quite eventful…

After breakfast I headed down to Crossfit Copenhagen. My warm up consisted of rope climbs, rowing, handstand walking, t2b, and push-ups.

I went on and did some shoulder presses:
3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1 reps @ 50-52-54-56-58-60-61-62kgs (from 110lbs to 137lbs)
That’s right up there, near my 1RM.

Then I did some snatch practice. I did about 30 mins of hang squat snatches with 30kg/66lbs. Videotaped them and watched them afterwards. A great learning experience.
After about 30mins I hit my head with the barbell and decided to call it a day ☺

In the evening I did 90mins of football training (ie. lots of running). High intensity and loads of fun (and loads of rain)...

Last edited by Anders Alkaersig; 08-30-2011 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: forgot the football part...
Old 08-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Fun training today!

Participated in 5x5km run today with my work place. Me and 4 of my co-workers each did 5km run in Fælledparken in Copenhagen.

I warmed up with some strecthing and little dynamic warm up. The surface of the route had taken quite a hit from this afternoon's rain, so about half of the run felt like a beach run (they had put mats untop of the muddy ground).

My time was 19min 45secs. I'm very satiesfied with that (the muddy ground considered).

Afterwards we ate ribs, hotdogs, beer and ice cream
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
Anders Alkaersig

Profile:

Yesterday was more or less a rest day for me. I was home all day reading but did 10 pull ups (dead hang) every hour – ending up at a 75-80 in total.
In the evening I had a football match, but since I’m goalkeeper I didn’t tax my body to much (apart from 40mins of warming up).

Today was another story!

Met up with my buddies Kræn and Jonas at 11am.
We started with some strength and technique work and finished with a brutal (!) metcon.

Bench press 4x3 (same weight across)
Good mornings 4x10

I originally intended to do 4x4 bench presses, but couldn’t remember my stats in the BP. I decided to do 80kg/176lbs - which I thought was my 5RM. I only managed to get 3 reps in the 1st set. After another consideration, I figured out, that 80kg was my previous 1RM. I haven’t done bench press for a least 1½ months, so i’m actually quite satisfied with the 3 reps. I managed to get 3 reps of 80kg in all of the 4 sets. 3rd set was a massive grindfest!

I’ve never done good mornings as a strength piece before (I use it often in my warm ups – 20kg). Therefore I played it safe and did 20-30-40-50kgs (88lbs-110lbs).
Nice to try something new.

The metcon:
Inspired by CFNE’s ”Manhandler”
5 AMRAPS of 3mins of:
3 Thrusters (40kg/88lbs)
6 Hang power cleans (40kg/88lbs)
9 KBswings (24kg/53lbs)
1min rest.

I managed to get a total of 13 rounds + 3 thrusters. I can’t remember when a workout was so painful for me. My grip was lost by the first round. I definitely felt ”Mandhandled”!
The metcon had two of my goats in it – thrusters and intervals. Nice to be out of comfort zone.

Tomorrow I’ll be visiting Crossfit Copenhagen’s newest affiliate – Trykkeriet (The Print shop) – I’ll probably play around with some tires and some ropes☺

/Anders