CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #241
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:
Re: My Midlife Crisis

Ben, as one who was recently told this myself, you never have to woory about sounding off aboit you trials and tribulations here. That's what this forumis about,

I feel for you with regard to the workout. Looked hard enoiung withot the wind and hi temps. But yoiu are DOING IT! Others would just quit! Keep up the great work and hang in thelre. More later when I'm off work. Blessings!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #242
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Thank you! I rested pretty much the entire day (it's good to be the boss) and I am feeling much better. When your legs hurt, it just ruins the whole day because they are such a large part of your muscle mass. I am feeling like myself again already. I will just do some ring dips tonight and leave my legs alone.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #243
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I did day four of Week One of the Recon Ron program. The muscles I use for pullups are now as sore as my legs. I need a break from this until things stop hurting.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #244
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I told my wife to lock my garage gym up and keep my workout shoes in there until tomorrow night so I can recover a little bit. I need a break, but I am such a stress case and a workout addict that I really want to hit it now.

Hopefully by tomorrow night I will feel up to rewarding myself with a killer workout. I really want to try the "mile run, kettlebell swings, mile run" triplet again. I think without the stiff wind I could do at least marginally better. And it was a great workout. As Stephen mentioned, most people would have quit.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #245
Bob Guere

Profile:

That's the problem I had with the pullup program, like I mentioned to you the other day. Burn out. Those programs are more or less "stand alone" programs that really can overload you if you don't let up on other things.

As for your rest and recovery, I'm glad you see it as important. Because it's number two below nutrition. Above the WODs. Yes, above the WODs.

Have you ever kept a food or sleep log? It might help you see what/when/where helps you rest better, etc. Think about it.

See you soon. Don't forget, workout tomorrow is a car wash in Cal City.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #246
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I just did Day Five of Week One of the Recon Ron program tonight and then followed up with some kipping practice. I did feel totally recovered prior to the workout. Now my back is pretty sore. I also note I worked up a pretty good sweat with the pullups.

I didn't want to get too crazy with the workout tonight because (1) I didn't really feel like it and (2) I don't know exactly what Bob has in mind for tomorrow. Since it's outdoors I am guessing running and burpees, so I am leaving my legs fresh.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #247
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Hey Ben,

Hope all is going well. Prayers up for you as you are readying for that big trial this next week.....

It's always good to prep for running and burpees; that way you are amped for anything! Take care and blessings to you, my friend!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #248
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Oh, thank you! I am not actually that stressed out about my trial because I don't have any evidence to present. Just sitting there and listening to forty-eight witnesses is not that stressful.

I drove out to Cal City this morning, but Cal City CrossFit was just washing cars for their Disposable Heroes fundraiser so I made a donation and came home. It was a beautiful day for a drive, and I listened to the witnesses' statements on CD for my trial, so it was a nice trip and I made it productive.

When I got home I did a workout I have been meaning to do:

Four rounds of:

400 meter run
50 squats

I finished it in 20:17. This one was most difficult because of the leg exhaustion. I actually felt ok on the metcon issues. I almost quit after the twelfth rep of squats on the third round. I made the intention to stop and go in because I felt I couldn't do any more, but then I turned right around and finished up the set.

I have been working to improve in three areas: Distance running, metcon fitness and pullups. To that end I am trying to program in lots of running and pullups in my workouts and I have been mostly doing them at home so I can focus on improving my weaknesses. When I feel like I have brought up my abilities in those areas a little I will start back with group workouts. My legs are going to be shot for quite a while after that WOD.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #249
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I completed day six of Week One of the recon Ron program. My forearms are really feeling those pullups.

I read an article recently that compared the violent crime rates of Tijuana and Bakersfield. Tijuana is much safer. You would be more safe spending a week on vacation in Tijuana than at home in Bakersfield. Crazy, eh?

An incident happened today that brings up this point. I went to go see a building on the way home and ended up turning my car around in a deserted cul-de-sac. A dirty, disheveled drug addict sprinted from behind a building full speed to cut me off, then chased me until I was out like a dog.

I didn't bother calling the cops because I never saw a weapon and the police take hours to arrive here for anything. But if you come to my town, be very very careful....
Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #250
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Ben,

Great work on yesterday's WOD. I dislike the ones that trash my legs (which seems to be about all of them lately....LOL), but you pushed through and that's all one can ask of themselves. Pretty great time for that too!

As for being careful in Bakersfield, I hear you. Had an incident at SBUX yesterday evening I finally called in to Stanislaus S.O.....car parked in the lot with three occupants watching who would duck down any time someone went close to the car (which was facing the building). It sat there for 2 1/2 to 3 hours......didn't know if they were "casing" us to commit a robbery, or watching one of the employees who's had a bad time with a psycho ex-girlfriend......I'm just glad I'm an ex-cop with a few street smarts......