CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #221
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:
Re: My Midlife Crisis

Thank you, my friend!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #222
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I am sleeping all day this weekend with the hopes I can recover from surgery and work a full day on Monday. This is no fun.

I missed most of the Games today due to my twenty hours of sleeping, but hopefully I will catch more tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #223
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

I am still recovering from this operation. It's a slow process. Other than that I had a good weekend. Due to my physical condition I watched the CrossFit Games on the internet. The coverage was excellent, comparable to a major network broadcast. I don't feel like I missed anything by not being there.

I am anxious to get back to working out, but I don't want to aggravate the wound, so I am being patient.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #224
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Hope the recovery is going well for you, Ben. Glad that you've gotten to get some (sounds like) much needed rest. The nice thing too about the Games coverage is that they have archive all of the video, so it can be streamed to your PC at any time. I'm having to catch up that way also, in that I worked all weekend. Crazy-busy out here with the 100+ degree heat (well, you know that living in "Bakers Patch"). I think the whole weekend was "I've never met a Frappucino I didn't like" appreciation......from all the customers, it seemed. Fun job, anyway.

Take care, continue to rest up, and you'll be killin' it again in no time. Blessings to you and keeping you in my prayers.

STeve
Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #225
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Yeah, you have a good personality, so I am sure you enjoy working as a barista. A big change from your previous employment, huh? I am sure it is a lot less stressful.

Every day, I recover just a little bit more. This is frustrating. I really want to be hitting those WODs hard. But only time will heal these wounds, so I am catching up on all the Netflix I have been meaning to see.

Tomorrow will be my first full day back at work, so hopefully that won't be to painfull. Thank God for Vicodin!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #226
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

My first day back at work is going well. I wasn't very sore when I woke up this morning, so that is a good sign. I am going to stop by CrossFit Cal City and say hi on the way home, just to remind them I still want to be in shape.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #227
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

Well, I may be ready to start doing something. I had a little drama with some dude today (nothing physical), and I didn't feel a bit of pain from my surgery. Just the tonic, I suppose.

In any case, after the light week during my murder trial and the break from the surgery, I am itching to work out. I just can't stand it anymore. I think I will try some upper body stuff tomorrow and see how it feels. If that goes smoothly, I will progress to light lower body on Thursday.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #228
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

So, my first day back from surgery and I challenged Gracie. I did it as Rx'd in 12:30. I didn't feel very fit. The strength component of the exercise was not a big deal but the metcon component was very challenging. Oh well, after three weeks of only spotty exercise, due to my stressful trial and the surgery, you can't expect a performance right out of the gate, and at least I finished it.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #229
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Hey Ben,

Glad things are going a bit better and your recovery is under way. Nice work on "Gracie" - - way to take it a bit slowly and not push the recovery too hard.

Thanks for the kind words.....I don't miss the "old" job, just the people, but I actually didn't have a lot of stress from it - - I was one of the lucky ones I guess. A lot of the stress was internal - - came from deadlines, personnel complaints, dealing with irrational members of the public, and rating employee performance, etc. And yeah, I love being a barista - - It's fun to "people-watch" in a different manner.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #230
Benjamin R. Greene

Profile:

You must have an extraordinarily high tolerance to stress. From what I see, law enforcement has one of the most stressful jobs in the world. I wonder sometimes how they do it. I deal with the same group of folks, for the most part, just at a different stage in the process. My joke is the only difference is the cop sees them drunk at night, I see them sober the next day. It's a pretty big difference, though.