CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #151
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition

Bummer that BCAA went down 10% in size but went up over 5% in price.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #152
Jason Ippolito

Profile:

What are the chances that Nitrean Black Chocolate will ship within a week or two?

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #153
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lockhart View Post
Bummer that BCAA went down 10% in size but went up over 5% in price.
What are you talking about? It is exactly the same number of servings.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #154
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ippolito View Post
What are the chances that Nitrean Black Chocolate will ship within a week or two?

I'm just not sure. I am awaiting word from my supplier. We can swap you to vanilla if you want? Just email us.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #155
Olin Ellsworth

Profile:

I am new to CrossFit, just finishing my fourth week. My hobby is Steer Wrestling and now that I have an office job I decided I needed more structure than just wondering around the gym on my own to stay in shape. I am so glad I found CF and I go to an awesome new affiliate with amazing atmosphere and instruction. I didn't realize how out of shape I was! Anyhow, what should I be doing for supplementation? Not knowing much about it I bought a jug of pre-workout mix and a jug of Whey Isolate from the local Wal-Mart. I drink the pre-workout about 30 minutes before but found I have to stay at 1/2 dosage or it makes me feel jittery. I drink the Whey Isolate immediately after. I don't mind spending more on better quality/more supplements if there is a benefit. My goal is not so much weight loss as overall fitness/strength. I am 6'1"/230, 33 yrs old. I have gained about 5 pounds since starting CF. I CF 4-5 times a week. I am not Paleo but I eat sensibly. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #156
Jeremy Lockhart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
What are you talking about? It is exactly the same number of servings.
You may want to check the labels on the product pages then. The old BCAA shows 30 servings @ 11g and the new page shows 27 @ 9.8g.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #157
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lockhart View Post
You may want to check the labels on the product pages then. The old BCAA shows 30 servings @ 11g and the new page shows 27 @ 9.8g.
Hmmm... I will check that out. There may have been a miscommunication.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #158
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Ellsworth View Post
I am new to CrossFit, just finishing my fourth week. My hobby is Steer Wrestling and now that I have an office job I decided I needed more structure than just wondering around the gym on my own to stay in shape. I am so glad I found CF and I go to an awesome new affiliate with amazing atmosphere and instruction. I didn't realize how out of shape I was! Anyhow, what should I be doing for supplementation? Not knowing much about it I bought a jug of pre-workout mix and a jug of Whey Isolate from the local Wal-Mart. I drink the pre-workout about 30 minutes before but found I have to stay at 1/2 dosage or it makes me feel jittery. I drink the Whey Isolate immediately after. I don't mind spending more on better quality/more supplements if there is a benefit. My goal is not so much weight loss as overall fitness/strength. I am 6'1"/230, 33 yrs old. I have gained about 5 pounds since starting CF. I CF 4-5 times a week. I am not Paleo but I eat sensibly. Thanks!

Creatine monohydrate is a must in my opinion. 5g per day every day. Look for brands with Creapure(R) as the form of monohydrate.

BCAA - 1-2 servings in water about 40 min. prior to training
Protein powder (prefer a casein and whey blend at a minimum) - 1-2 servings post-workout
ETS - one of my products. Take daily as recommended on the bottle.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #159
Kristian Skarsfeldt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin Ellsworth View Post
Congrats on your new CrossFit journey!

I would steer away from the pre workout stuff that makes you jitter. Drink a espresso shot instead.

Protein post workout. (preferably from real food)

Keep your powders as a supplement.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #160
Clint Harris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ippolito View Post

I can sell you half of what I have left for $180. Interested?

Closed Thread