CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
does anyone have any recommendations for BJJ academies in denver, colorado? amal just opened a school here in town but i can't afford his fee. i'm basically confined to the city because of no car. thanks in advance for the advice!

scott
Old 03-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Kalen Meine

Profile:
I've heard very good stuff about Grappler's Edge. www.grapplers-edge.com 5305 E. Colfax. I used to train at a decent dojo next door- they started renting our space, and after doing a few of their seminars and just watching them roll, I've been meaning to go and sign up. Course, I'm also too freakin' poor to regularly go to CF Denver- only went for the first workout. MA or CF...MA or CF...
Old 03-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
Jeff Gentry

Profile:
Hey Scott

BJJ is good there are alot of Western Martial art's, All in wrestling, Catch as catch can wrestling, that are not as well known and just as effective as BJJ, If you can find a training partner and a place to train might want to get some video's from this guy and train on your own, alot cheaper to buy a video for 30 buck's, as long as you have a training partner and a place to train, http://extremeselfprotection.com/ , One of the guy's i work with fight's localy here and i loaned him some of my video's and he was stoked with what he saw.

And wrestling just for fun is very good exercise.

Jeff