CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #41
Luke Sirakos

Profile:
Re: The Optimal CrossFit Diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Luke, I believe Anthony was reffering to 6 hour window for max glycogen replenish rate not anabolic window which is mostly about muscle protein synthesis. MPS is one of the biggest fitness bro science - one must have a shake within 30 minutes of workout to get the max effects - clearly not true, as shown in your link.
Gotcha, I hadn't had my coffee when I read that post so I blame the lack of caffeine. The link I posted is still pretty interesting either way though, definitely worth a read.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #42
Anthony Floyd

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Sirakos View Post
Gotcha, I hadn't had my coffee when I read that post so I blame the lack of caffeine. The link I posted is still pretty interesting either way though, definitely worth a read.
Luke - there are some good points about how the whole system works as a whole, timing post workout nutrition and how important it is. Glad you posted the link, some good stuff in there for sure. Worth the read - absolutely.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #43
Michael Lennox

Profile:

Great post Anthony, pretty much summed it up.
Darryl great input as well. You're like a nutritional encyclopedia
Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #44
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Just a quick update on my progress with the low carb/high fat diet.

I am on it since the 19th april 2014, actually I've been low carbing for quite some time (200-230g daily), but since 19th I am even more strict. I only have 100-150g carbs PWO (depends on the intensity of a workout) and only a few more carbs during the day, giving me a total of around 130-170 (thou the ladder is very rare, maybe once a week). And on rest days I keep carbs under 50 if not under 20. My protein intake is ~150-170g, the rest of calories are fats, healthy fats such as lard, butter, coconut oil... I am on wendler 531 with bodybuilding assistance template and also do rowing intervals as conditioning 2 times per week.

My weight have gone up for rougly 3.3 pounds even thou I've lost 0.5 pound during the last week therefore I am making adjustement to my diet, pumping in even more calories (+100 daily). Also my strength have gone up and my conditioning improved.

It certanly does not look like I am lacking any energy in the gym nor my glycogen is getting depleted as some may suggest, being on a low carb diet. I think I would be good with even lowering my carb intake, but until further notice Im sticking to the upper plan.

Will keep you updated every 3 or 4 weeks, at the end of every wendler 531 cycle (I currently dont do deloads).
Old 05-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #45
Chris Mason

Profile:

I haven't read the majority of this thread, so forgive me if I am being redundant, but there really is no such thing as an optimal diet for CF. What is optimal is totally fluid as it changes both inter and intra-individually constantly.

I think success can be had with any number of approaches as is illustrated by the variety of diets followed by those who do well at the top tiers of the CF world.

In the end I go with research for sports which are similar to CF in an overall sense (those which are more endurance oriented in nature than say powerlifting). That body of research all points to a relatively high carbohydrate intake of carbs being beneficial.

CFers want to be as lean as possible in addition to fueling their efforts, so I believe a calorie controlled diet which is rich in carbohydrates would be the generally best approach.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #46
Todd Neal

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
I haven't read the majority of this thread, so forgive me if I am being redundant, but there really is no such thing as an optimal diet for CF. What is optimal is totally fluid as it changes both inter and intra-individually constantly.
I agree with the first bit, absolutely. Everyone is different and the optimal diet is going to be different for everyone. Perhaps I was being overly optimistic when I started the thread.