CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 09-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Jonathan Cedolia

Profile:
Push jerk push press WOD

Do you go up on all weights in all sets or do you go with a weight that you can do 5by5 or 3by5? The shoulder press I think you are going up to hit your 1rm is correct. Thankyou for any info
Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Dan Andrews

Profile:
Re: Push jerk push press WOD

I start out lighter and get up to my 1RM and then try to set a PR on the last rep of the SP. After that your strength starts to falter a bit getting into the PP and PJ, But you should be going up in weight as you change exercises seeing as you should be able to PJ and PP more then you can SP.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Jonathan Cedolia

Profile:

Thanks Dan I do believe this will be hard.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Dan Andrews

Profile:

Yea, you should be fairly beat afterwords. That being said as you get up to the sets of 3 on PP and sets of 5 on PJ, you may not be able as much as you did with only sets of 1 of the SP. Just scale it to whatever you think is doable for you and than try to push yourself beyond it.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Paul Campbell

Profile:

so on the 5x5 and the 3x5 do u go up in weight each set or pick one wieght for that excersize and stay with it?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Departed

Profile:  

Go up in weight if you can. Although if you hit a weight that you know is your 3RM PP or 5RM PJ, then try and finish the remaining sets with that same weight.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Kyle Kemmet

Profile:

For me, time contraints can be a limitation with this workout. This is 15 sets, and if we take the 3-5 minute rest between sets, it gets to be quite a long workout.

Which modification would best replicate the results this workout is seeking: Do less sets with the full 3-5 minute rest; Or do all 15 sets with a 1 minute rest between sets?
Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
Jacob Cloud

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Kemmet View Post
For me, time contraints can be a limitation with this workout. This is 15 sets, and if we take the 3-5 minute rest between sets, it gets to be quite a long workout.

Which modification would best replicate the results this workout is seeking: Do less sets with the full 3-5 minute rest; Or do all 15 sets with a 1 minute rest between sets?

What are you looking to improve, strength or metcon? Strength? Do the sets/rest the right way. Metcon? Reduce the rest time. My belief is that this is a strength-intended WOD, and it was one of my favorites when following the .com schedule. It doesn't take THAT long.