CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Zach Even - Esh

Profile:
This was recently posted, I just signed up and am REALLY looking forward to attending!

I am psyched beyond belief actually :-)

Looking forward to meeting other members of the CF community :-)

--Z--
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 AM   #2
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Were you at our cert at WTBN?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #3
Jennifer Conlin

Profile:
I really want to go to this but I'm going to the pitt cert. Now I want to go to both!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Zach Even - Esh

Profile:
Chris

sorry my friend, I don't even know what WTBN is??

Looking forward to meeting you at Quantico. I was in Quantico about 9 years ago when my brother graduated OCS! That was a long time ago!

---z---
Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Are we talking about another cert? We had one that went here in Quantico on 25,26 of July. Is there another one that I dont know about?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
John Hoffner

Profile:
Chris, there's a cert that got posted yesterday for 8 & 9 Sept, looks to be at the big hanger gym out towards OCS & the HMX-1 areas. I dropped my deposit last night and plan on driving down from Maryland. I am really glad there's not only a cert on the east coast that didn't fill up before I took note of it, but that its on MCB Quantico to boot. I hope there's a large Marine Corps contingent, I'm fairly certain there will be due to the location. Up here on the other side of the beltway I am doing my best to make converts, one Marine at a time.
Look forward to Sept, I just hope its not too painful or too humbling of an experience.
Semper Fi
Who knows... maybe we can take a run down to the Tarzan course or the O-course? They're not too far from that gym if I recall from OCS...
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
Chris Stowe

Profile:
We just had the Coach and some others from HQ come out and put on a Level 1 Mil cert here on Quantico last month. It was GREAT! That sounds like something I need to get on at least to help out! Thanks for the info John. We also have a little Crossfit facility here that we put together. Its small, but has everything we need to get the WODs done. And we are working on an outdoor facility as well, with a Bacchar ladder, cargo netting, slackline, and hopefully and climbing wall, as well as a nasty little hill for sled drags. Hope you enjoy the cert, and if I can, I am going to see if I can come out and play as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
Zach Even - Esh

Profile:
Chris

I am more than happy to bring an extra sled to the cert. to donate to your own base CF facility. Let me know if you guys are up for it, I'm more than willing to do so :-)

--z--
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
John Hoffner

Profile:
Jennifer, I read on the cert page that 2nd and 3rd etc certs are progressively less dinero... I will probably do more than one myself eventually.
Chris, I would love to know how you set up the private level 1 mil-cert. My company is catching the fever, and its spreading through the battalion from other sources as well. A few of the other CO's are on board and I would love to host a cert somehow at Ft Meade. PM me, post, whatever, but please let me know.
Semper Fi, and thanks.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #10
Chris Stowe

Profile:
Zach, I would completely take you up on your offer to donate a sled, as we currently use 4 kettlebells, or a large tire harnessed to us for "sled drags". I will not be here on the 8th, I will be returning from Cali for business, but I will be here on the 9th, and you are all more than welcome to come and see our little black box. Its not much, but it keeps us sweating. John, I will definately let you know the process I went through to get a cert out here, as well as our BN funding equipment. Please send me a private message, and I will email you later tonight from my home account.