CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: NO ENERGY! WHY? Take a look and pick away!

Hows your sleep?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
Ben Cully

Profile:

So you are thinking better workout management, and more food. I will try and stick more to 3 on 1 off. I just enjoy being there. As for food. I will up my 18 block of fat 2x. I have not been removing any carbs for 3x fat like Robb Wolff says but I will try that. I have such a hard time eating all those greens in my post workout meal. Does that sound like a better plan? I think there are great results to be had, I just have not found that happy place nutritionally yet As for sleep, I am pretty good about getting my 8 hours. At work I never..I mean never get 8 hours continous with being on the engine and or rescue we get up alot for runs. At home I get 8 but useually get up once or so the eat/drink/ restroom. I rarely get 8 nonstop sleep thru the night hours. I take Tylonol PM the help sleep when home. I know 8 continous hours is what is Px but I am not sure how to inprove that. I could go for 9 I guess but that is easier said then done being I get up at 5. Any rants on all that? Everyone has been so helpful in this post.....
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
Jeff Evans

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Cully View Post
So you are thinking better workout management, and more food. I will try and stick more to 3 on 1 off. I just enjoy being there. As for food. I will up my 18 block of fat 2x. I have not been removing any carbs for 3x fat like Robb Wolff says but I will try that. I have such a hard time eating all those greens in my post workout meal. Does that sound like a better plan? I think there are great results to be had, I just have not found that happy place nutritionally yet As for sleep, I am pretty good about getting my 8 hours. At work I never..I mean never get 8 hours continous with being on the engine and or rescue we get up alot for runs. At home I get 8 but useually get up once or so the eat/drink/ restroom. I rarely get 8 nonstop sleep thru the night hours. I take Tylonol PM the help sleep when home. I know 8 continous hours is what is Px but I am not sure how to inprove that. I could go for 9 I guess but that is easier said then done being I get up at 5. Any rants on all that? Everyone has been so helpful in this post.....
One thing with sleep - you may be able to get better quality over the same length of time by paying attention to darkness and noise levels. Do some searching around here (and elsewhere) for melatonin, and Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival (note: a very controversial book). Anecdotally, I tend to feel more refreshed after sleeping in close to complete darkness (can't see your own hand in front of your face) which is certainly consistent with the "melatonin-light hypothesis."
Old 04-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Ben Cully

Profile:

I have been eating my last 5 blocks of fat "almonds" or a extra 5 blocks just as I go to bed and it seems to help me sleep better. Maybe some of my sleep issues are hunger..that being the reason the nuts help. I am trying several other methods I have read about on here to help me rest better as far as light, relax, anxietys, and such. So for the most part any feel I am off with the 18 blocks? I am also trying to get 50% of my carbs PWO"Robb WOlf's idea"....how does anyone get 9 blocks of carbs in at one sitting?????? Last but not least you feel I should double mt fats so 18p 18c 36f. I can give that a try. Thanks again for the help